Memory speed not being achieved

Dec 14, 2018
I have a Corsair Vengeance rgb pro 8x2 kit that is supposed to run at 3200mhz. However it seems that when i use the 3200mhz profile it doesnt boot and when i tone it down to 2933mhz it causes bsods and game crashes. I have a Rog strix x470 mobo a ryzen 5 2600x and an Rx vega 56

Dec 14, 2018

Ok well i updated it to the latest version and the DOCP still doesn't want to work, same thing as before, it keeps not booting up. Is the memory faulty?

Dec 14, 2018

None of them work they all bsod at some point

Dec 14, 2018

Yeah but I paid a certain amount of money for 3200mhz memory, i could have gotten 2666mhz memory, is it the module's fault it can't run it at 3200mhz cause then it is faulty

Jun 28, 2018
Dear Maurine,

It’s your fault. You should have bought a RAM kit that it’s actually listed on your motherboard’s QVL. Anything bought off the QVL especially on a AM4 platform has a high chance of not working on advertised speeds or don’t work at all.

I kindly advise you to either return your ram sticks to your seller and get a ram kit that is listed on the QVL of ASUS X470-F.

If you don’t have the ability to return your memory, please take the time to contact CORSAIR’S SUPPORT, ask for the memory comparability of the RAM you got with your motherboard and also inform them for your issue. They might actually replace your ram kit with an actual working one. Corsair got an incredible support and they’ll be more than happy to assist you, trust me ;)

One last suggestion: Go to your BIOS, set VSIO and VCCSA at 1.1V manually. Then go set your ram frequency at 3200MHz and manually put your 16-18-18-38 timings and then set the DRAM Voltage to 1.37V and 1.4V and check if it works outs for you.

Last but not least, please run a memtest86 or windows memtest on stock speeds. If on stock speeds any error occurs then you should RMA the ram either way

That memory is not officially supported by the motherboard, so it's not faulty.

I don't think you'll be able to return the memory, unfortunately.

You should go to ASUS ROG community and ask for assistance in finding settings for the motherboard to accept the RAM. Basically, play with timings and voltage untill it works.

Jun 28, 2018
Dear Maurino,

You missplaced the DIMMs on the first place. Your memory should work fine now.

Kind regards

Ps. Next time please check your motherboard’s manual before installing anything you are not familiar with. A2 and B2 are the supposed slots where a dual channel ram should be installed

Dec 14, 2018

Thanks, the memory seems to be working fine except the fact that the rgb isn't working anymore

Dec 14, 2018

I do not have SPD Write in my BIOS, is there any way to access it?

Jun 28, 2018
Please visit Corsair iCUE main page, choose "Vengeance PRO RGB" and apply Lighting Effects. This should fix your problem. Otherwise, visit Corsair's official forums or contact their support, they will solve this issue for you!

Kind regards