[SOLVED] Memory speed. pls help

xCJ11

Commendable
Oct 20, 2020
when I change my ram speed over 2400mhz, (pls don't tell me to use docp/xmp cuz i've done that), the pc immediately shuts down. is this psu ocp?
i even changed voltage to 1.35 and ram timings and when i change memory to over 2400mhz the pc immediately shuts down.
cpu-ryzen 5 3400g
mobo- asus prime b450mk
ram- hyperx fury rgb 16gb kit 8gb*2 @ 3200mhz(unfortunately runs at 2400mhz)
pls i need any help cuz my ram speed is so important for me as im using an APU.. :(

Solution
i changed the timings and dram voltage but not the frequency then it booted properly, then i restarted once more to change frequency and when i changed, it just shuts down immediately... :( what is the problem omg
First, set the ram speed to 2933 or 3000 and see if it boots. If it boots, try 3200 again, but change tRC to 58 and tRFC to 480. If that doesn't work try bumping voltage by .01v from 1.36 to 1.38. If you still can't boot, you might also need to set procODT to 53, RTT_Nom to 34, RTT_WR to off and RTT_Park to 48 if they're not already set there. Also set power down mode and BGS (bank group swap) to disabled.
did you reset the BIOS by jumper after updating the BIOS?

In which slots did you install the RAM?

check the memory by running memtest.org usb autoinstaller (bootable USB flash drive)

other than that, get different RAM like
g.skill F4-3200C16D-16GTZ
or
g.skill f4-3200c16-16gvkb

xCJ11

Commendable
Oct 20, 2020
did you reset the BIOS by jumper after updating the BIOS?

In which slots did you install the RAM?

check the memory by running memtest.org usb autoinstaller (bootable USB flash drive)

other than that, get different RAM like
g.skill F4-3200C16D-16GTZ
or
g.skill f4-3200c16-16gvkb
dude yes the ram is in the correct slots, memory woks just fine, and i literally just bought the pc, i chose the parts and they built it and i checked if everything is correct and yes its built properly. and how am i supposed to get other ram and why to do so, my dad will literally be angry if i ask him about replacing the ram anyway cuz i complained about the pc alot and we went to the technician shop multiple times so i cant really replace the ram but why am i supposed to replace the ram, hyperx is high quality ram anyways right?? .... :(

when I change my ram speed over 2400mhz, (pls don't tell me to use docp/xmp cuz i've done that), the pc immediately shuts down. is this psu ocp?
i even changed voltage to 1.35 and ram timings and when i change memory to over 2400mhz the pc immediately shuts down.
cpu-ryzen 5 3400g
mobo- asus prime b450mk
ram- hyperx fury rgb 16gb kit 8gb*2 @ 3200mhz(unfortunately runs at 2400mhz)
pls i need any help cuz my ram speed is so important for me as im using an APU.. :(
You tried XMP and also setting voltage to 1.35, but what timing settings did you change when not using XMP after manually setting the ram to 3200 (I'm assuming you tried this already).