[SOLVED] Memory support?

Masamuneccc

Honorable
Aug 16, 2014
I recently boughtba 5900x , crosshair viii hero . My question is will trident royal z silver 4x8 gig sticks quad chan cl14 15 15 1.45v work on this motherboard or do i need to exchange it for dual chan and run 2x8 sticks times 2 for it to work? My kit number is F4-3600c14q-32gtrsb

Solution
You should be good to go but first try powering up with one stick of ram, get into BIOS and see if you have any BIOS updates pending. Once you're sure you're on the latest BIOS version, power down(and disconnect from the wall) and then populate the rest of the memory slots with the remaining sticks of ram.

It' be better if you got a 2x16GB kit, less stress on the IMC, better for overclocks(on the ram as well).

Lutfij

Titan
You should be good to go but first try powering up with one stick of ram, get into BIOS and see if you have any BIOS updates pending. Once you're sure you're on the latest BIOS version, power down(and disconnect from the wall) and then populate the rest of the memory slots with the remaining sticks of ram.

It' be better if you got a 2x16GB kit, less stress on the IMC, better for overclocks(on the ram as well).

Reactions: Masamuneccc
Solution

Masamuneccc

Honorable
Aug 16, 2014
Understood. I have been reading that 4 sticks provides slightly better fps and frametimes in games. This is my first attempt at very high end parts.
I have a decent understanding of memory oc , but didnt find any info about this kit working on this mobo. I assumed since its the same part number as the dual chan kit , it would work with the Q added on.