[SOLVED] Memory test - Issues

dnbull

Reputable
Apr 26, 2015
Hello everyone,

I have a computer that's almost a year old. Specs will be posted below.

About 2-3 days ago, a particular game (valorant) kept crashing. I reinstalled the game and still had the same issues so I'd figured maybe the game needs to still need to work its kinks out.

I knew I probably had a deeper issue when casually browsing the web and watching twitch when I got BSOD.

I restored my computer from scratch and things were going wonderfully until I played the game and it kept crashing.

I'd figured it is either A) power supply or B) RAM before looking into other parts.

I decided to do a memtest86 and I did receive some errors. memtest error if the hyperlink does not work try this - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qpnnAsjkFNQXYu49QPtSSJftv4vCykoM

I know that when you get errors, RAM cannot be fixed but I want to make sure before purchasing RAM. If you guys can kindly recommend some to me if this is the case based off the image.

SPECS
AMD Ryzen 7 2700x 3.7GHZ 8 core processor
MSI X470 Gaming plus tax am4 MB
corsair vengeance LPX 16 GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 memory
seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200RPM internal HD
ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB SSD
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8GB Windforce video card
EVGA Supernova G3 750 W 80+ Gold certified

Solution
Reset it to stock 2133mhz and see if it throws any errors with memtest. If it doesn't then its probably not defective, so there'd be no point RMAing it.
The processor is only rated to support up to 2933mhz single rank ram anyways. You're looking at needing to change voltage and timings, etc (Not something I've done, but seems to be the stuff you need to do to try and get it stable)
Also, for some reason Corsair ram seems to behave worse with AMD cpus.

dannyboy3210

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009
Reset it to stock 2133mhz and see if it throws any errors with memtest. If it doesn't then its probably not defective, so there'd be no point RMAing it.
The processor is only rated to support up to 2933mhz single rank ram anyways. You're looking at needing to change voltage and timings, etc (Not something I've done, but seems to be the stuff you need to do to try and get it stable)
Also, for some reason Corsair ram seems to behave worse with AMD cpus.

Solution