[SOLVED] Memory Underclock

Dec 3, 2020
Specs to start-

zotac amped extreme, 1080ti
Ryzen 3 3100
g.skill 32gb 3200Mhz CL16
Corsair 650 Gold
Gigabyte B450 DS3H

If I run heaven(extreme, 8xAA, jacked right up) at stock, I get VRAM memory blurs.
Games do a CTD.
I read that it’s a VRAM issue, confirmed it is.
I reapplied thermals.

tinkering around in an attempt to stop CTD, I pulled back the mem clock 500 via Firestorm. Heaven runs and finishes around 5000 score. But there isn’t a value it represents. Is that MHz? I can’t seem to find an explanation and the zotac site is junk for that.

is it worthwhile to put my self on a backorder for a 3080/3070 to replace? This is a gaming machine on a 4k 65” tv. Will get minimal use, and no FPS really, will get storyline adventure games so frame rate doesn’t matter, just visuals and make it look pretty.

questions;
so is Zotac Firestorm clock value in MHz? And how much would that affect 4k at 60hz.

is it worthwhile to backorder a 3070/3080 to replace? Shipments have been coming in decently fast here.

Solution
The issue is with the card itself and more so, commonly seen with Zotac cards. They all had the thermal issue and some were so severe that stuttering took place even when idle.

I'd suggest getting any card out there that meets your;
a| budget
b| your requirements(ports and gaming needs)
c| GPU power draw/PSU output
and
d| your urgency(since the GPU's won't be around for a while, things can go South anytime due to the pandemic).

About the number,
https://www.zotac.com/bd/news/quick-guide-firestorm
Look in the images and squint at the moniker in brackets, that's MHz, so it's frequency.

Lutfij

Titan
The issue is with the card itself and more so, commonly seen with Zotac cards. They all had the thermal issue and some were so severe that stuttering took place even when idle.

I'd suggest getting any card out there that meets your;
a| budget
b| your requirements(ports and gaming needs)
c| GPU power draw/PSU output
and
d| your urgency(since the GPU's won't be around for a while, things can go South anytime due to the pandemic).

About the number,
https://www.zotac.com/bd/news/quick-guide-firestorm
Look in the images and squint at the moniker in brackets, that's MHz, so it's frequency.

Solution