Question Memory Unstable at 3000mhz

matua2

Reputable
Apr 10, 2019
i have a ryzen 5 2600 with a msi b450 tomahawk, i bought 2x8gb of corsair vengeance LED Red rated at 3000mhz but when i set it to 2933mhz in the bios it's pretty unstable when im playing games, it makes my game crash and earlier when i was playing GTA 5 it made my PC Blue screen, once i set it at 2133 it's running stable, what should i do to run at it's speed? i have no idea how timings work and etc.

WildCard999

Titan
Is it in the correct slots?
mAiVjrq.png

Instead of setting the speed enable AXMP in the BIOS, this should set the correct speed, voltage & timings.

Last resort would be to update the BIOS but do at your own risk as there's a very small chance it could brick the motherboard, especially if the BIOS hasn't been updated for the past few updates.

matua2

Reputable
Apr 10, 2019
Is it in the correct slots?
mAiVjrq.png

Instead of setting the speed enable AXMP in the BIOS, this should set the correct speed, voltage & timings.

Last resort would be to update the BIOS but do at your own risk as there's a very small chance it could brick the motherboard, especially if the BIOS hasn't been updated for the past few updates.
yes i have it in the correct slots

matua2

Reputable
Apr 10, 2019
If you are running at 1.26v then no wonder it isn't working.

As said manually input the primary timings, memory frequency, and memory voltage.
alright i just used A-XMP profile one which is 15-17-17-35 and also manually changed the voltage to 1.35, going to test stability on this now, then ill go to 3000mhz

TRENDING THREADS