Memory-up brand ram?

Titanion

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
Do not worry about looking this one up unless you want to at this point. I just got a 1GB stick of Corsair VS PC3200, albiet CL3, for my nephew's computer for $75.05 shipped off of eBay. Newegg prices are like $115 now shipped!

Mondoman

Splendid
Good luck with it! Corsair's Value Select is among the worst quality of the "value" lines of memory, so be sure to thoroughly test it with memtest86+ once you install it.

Titanion

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
Wow, I have never heard that before. I have the XMS ram in my systems, but I have used VS in several computers I have built for friends and family, and I have not had any problems... I have not really tried to tighten the settings or push it much past 200fsb, though.

Mondoman

Splendid
The problem is that they contract out the VS line to the lowest bidder, so the modules you get one week will be different from those you get the next week, and you're pretty much in the same ballpark as generic RAM. It's as if DaimlerChrysler were DaimlerYugo; the "normal" Corsair is still great, but the only thing "Corsair" about the VS is the sticker. If you go to Corsair's support forums, you can see all the VS RMA requests.

TRENDING THREADS