[SOLVED] Memory Upgrade Aurora R5 Dell Alienware

jastory

Commendable
Jan 16, 2017
I need help. I have a Alienware Aurora R5 and want to increase RAM. I want to install 2x8gb and replace the 2x4gb. I want the new memory to be better (faster/stabler/cooler) than what I have currently. I can't see inside my case so color or looks of the memory makes no difference.

I've seen a couple of threads and wondering what makes a memory better than the other, is there a newer memory and need expert guidance on a selection.

Current RAM Installed:
2 Dell 4GB - 1Rx8 DDR4 UDIMM 2133MHz NON-ECC
Manufacturer Part SNP61H6HC/4G
Dell Part A8058283

Solution
Go to Crucial.com and run a search for compatable memory upgrades. Their prices are compettitive, guaranteed compatability, and lifetime warranty. Alienware used aftermarket MB and may not be like other Dells in their memory requirements. You can also use the Micron part #s to shop around for a deal if you want to. If you get the speed, size, and X64, or X128 type and you want to go faster then you start shopping for low CAS latency versions at the speed you need. Crucial may have some Ballistic versions, G Skill is another source for these. I would get a written reply about compatability before I would buy these.
Go to Crucial.com and run a search for compatable memory upgrades. Their prices are compettitive, guaranteed compatability, and lifetime warranty. Alienware used aftermarket MB and may not be like other Dells in their memory requirements. You can also use the Micron part #s to shop around for a deal if you want to. If you get the speed, size, and X64, or X128 type and you want to go faster then you start shopping for low CAS latency versions at the speed you need. Crucial may have some Ballistic versions, G Skill is another source for these. I would get a written reply about compatability before I would buy these.

Solution

jastory

Commendable
Jan 16, 2017
I checked out crucial.com. Ran their tool. Chipset on my mb is IntelZ170. This is the kit i like.

Crucial 16GB Kit (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 UDIMM
CT2K8G4DFD824A
Configuration ID: CT9014021
DDR4 PC4-19200 • CL=17 • DUAL RANKED • X8 BASED • UNBUFFERED • NON-ECC • DDR4-2400 •

I believe this is X8 with CAS17?