Question Memory Upgrade = Broken MOBO?

Sep 21, 2020
I know this is a long shot, but.. here it goes.
Some months ago i got a new 8gb ram module from HyperX to upgrade my very old XPS 8300 from Dell.
After the new Ram, the system wouldn't boot and it would give me two beeps, meaning that it couldn't detect any Ram, i tried to roll over to my old ram with no success, now the old ram wouldn't work either. Suddently, after changing back to the new ram, it worked. The system detected the new module and i could do anything fine.
The problem is, after shutting my system down, i would get the same two beeps (no ram detected) from my MOBO and couldn't POST.
After sometime trying, it would eventually boot. Here is where it gets more strange, i could reboot just fine after the system booted. whatever a cold boot would result in a beeping machine. I know that probably my Mobo is dead, but i still have some doubts as from nowhere it would boot ok and work fine with the new 8gb module. Turns out the XPS 8300 only works with 1,2 and 4 gbs ram.. but it did recgonize the whole 8gigs module, after some trouble..
I could stay with the machine on all the time, but eventually something happen, and it did, my machine is now off and i can't seem to boot it no more. Tried everything, CMOS reset, jumper reset, pressing the power button with no eletrical chord plugged in... The other times this thigns didn't help either, the PC would alwasys successfuly boot some random time, with no specific workaround.
I know its a old machine, but its what i have for know, and i would be grateful if someone could give me any light.
Sorry for any typo, english is not my first language.

I know this is a long shot, but.. here it goes.
Some months ago i got a new 8gb ram module from HyperX to upgrade my very old XPS 8300 from Dell.
After the new Ram, the system wouldn't boot and it would give me two beeps, meaning that it couldn't detect any Ram, i tried to roll over to my old ram with no success, now the old ram wouldn't work either. Suddently, after changing back to the new ram, it worked. The system detected the new module and i could do anything fine.
The problem is, after shutting my system down, i would get the same two beeps (no ram detected) from my MOBO and couldn't POST.
After sometime trying, it would eventually boot. Here is where it gets more strange, i could reboot just fine after the system booted. whatever a cold boot would result in a beeping machine. I know that probably my Mobo is dead, but i still have some doubts as from nowhere it would boot ok and work fine with the new 8gb module. Turns out the XPS 8300 only works with 1,2 and 4 gbs ram.. but it did recgonize the whole 8gigs module, after some trouble..
I could stay with the machine on all the time, but eventually something happen, and it did, my machine is now off and i can't seem to boot it no more. Tried everything, CMOS reset, jumper reset, pressing the power button with no eletrical chord plugged in... The other times this thigns didn't help either, the PC would alwasys successfuly boot some random time, with no specific workaround.
I know its a old machine, but its what i have for know, and i would be grateful if someone could give me any light.
Sorry for any typo, english is not my first language.
I wonder what is your spec systems, are this your systems :

and can you tell the new RAM specs ?

Sep 21, 2020
Hey!
Yeah, that's my specs, the only difference is the GPU but i don't think that matter?
The new ram is a hyperX 8gb 240pin ddr3 1600mhz sdram 1.5V

Sep 21, 2020
Thanks for your aswner :)
So, ive tried this already, rolling back to my old ram (the one which came with the pc) but the system reacts the same way: two beeps, undetected ram.

Sep 21, 2020
Ive tried this by both removing the battery, waiting for 10 minutes and putting it back on and also using the jumpers (i saw the xps 8300 manual for both procedures)
Idk why the machine boots, this happened more than five times already, i always reset the bios but the system never boots JUST after it , it boots at some random try.