Question Memory Upgrade for a P75-A7200 Satellite

Oct 1, 2019
I have a Toshiba P75-A7200 Laptop that came with 8GB memory factory installed. I want to upgrade to the max of 32GB, was told this model has 4 slots and 2 of them each have 4GB installed, and I would need to purchase 4 sticks at 8GB each ... makes sense. Problem is I can only find 2 slots to fill which are under the removable cover. I have had this thing apart to the motherboard and still only see those 2 slots. Are there 2 more slots hidden away somewhere that I'm not able to see or are the 8GB built into the motherboard that are not removable?

P/N PSPLNU-00H004
S/N 9D018767C

I have a Toshiba P75-A7200 Laptop that came with 8GB memory factory installed. I want to upgrade to the max of 32GB, was told this model has 4 slots and 2 of them each have 4GB installed, and I would need to purchase 4 sticks at 8GB each ... makes sense. Problem is I can only find 2 slots to fill which are under the removable cover. I have had this thing apart to the motherboard and still only see those 2 slots. Are there 2 more slots hidden away somewhere that I'm not able to see or are the 8GB built into the motherboard that are not removable?

P/N PSPLNU-00H004
S/N 9D018767C

You'll need to remove the whole motherboard to see the other two slots.
You can try to open it yourself but if you find that troublesome you could get a professional to do it.

Are they stacked on top of each other? Looks like they are underneath the motherboard see pictures here https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Toshiba+Satellite+P75-A7100+Motherboard+Replacement/104099

You're correct. they're stacked on-top of each other on both sides of the board.

Oct 1, 2019
You'll need to remove the whole motherboard to see the other two slots.
You can try to open it yourself but if you find that troublesome you could get a professional to do it.

You're correct. they're stacked on-top of each other on both sides of the board.

Excellent! It didn't look like it was possible that there was room for 2 more on the other side. Guess I know what I'll be doing tomorrow!

Thanks!