Jerry

You don't "make sure". Plugging it into the motherboard results in it being
automatically being recognized by the BIOS - assuming you installed
compatible memory. Check your motherboard manual.

"dave" <dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> anybody know how i make sure my computer recognizes a new memory upgrade?

If you know what you had before go to control panel, system, it will tell
you what your cpu is and memory.
> You don't "make sure". Plugging it into the motherboard results in it
> being automatically being recognized by the BIOS - assuming you installed
> compatible memory. Check your motherboard manual.
>
> "dave" <dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> anybody know how i make sure my computer recognizes a new memory upgrade?

"dave" <dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> anybody know how i make sure my computer recognizes a new memory upgrade?

Right-click My Computer and it will be displayed in the General tab.

Mark Delaney, MCT