Question Memory Upgrage Issue Help

Dec 31, 2020
Hi Folks!

I have just purchased two Corsair XMS3 16GB (2x8GB) 1600 MHz DDR3-1600 RAM CMX16GX3M2A1600C9 8gb sticks to upgrade my gigabyte GA-F2A78M-DS2 motherboard from 8gb to 16gb but when I put them in only 8gb in recognised by the bios. I have spent hours searchging the net and this forum trying various settings from adjusting voltage etc but still only get 8gb. I know it's now the most upto date mother board or chip (AMD Athlon X4 760K) but with an SSD drive it runs pretty quick so I thought a memory upgrade would be prefect especially on a budget as mine. Any help would really really be appreciated.

Install 1 RAM stick at a time to check which RAM stick is working. Use the same slot for each test. If both sticks work in the same slot, then repeat this test in the other RAM slot. You'll be able to tell if it's the RAM or the motherboard that's bad.

Dec 31, 2020
Hi thanks for you reply, I tried that and both sticks worked in both slots. I'm totally baffled by it as I thought it would be a straight drop in and go. If I put one stick in the memory drop from 8gb to 4gb