Question Memory Usage is Constantly 95-99% with 24GB Ram in usage with nothing major open.

DdosingDosa

Honorable
Jun 19, 2015
So recently my PC has been at constant 95-99% RAM usage according to Task Manager. I have 24 GB Ram and have nothing major running except for chrome. On Task Manager it says I have 23.9 GB being used but when I sort the processes by usage the highest ends up being Chrome but only less than 3 GB. The second highest thing is less than 400 MB and everything after that is largely less than 100 MB. How is this possible? Could it be a virus? Could it be faulty Ram. I have restarted my computer and upon boot, RAM usage looks fine, but once I notice my computer lagging with trivial tasks I check Task Manager to find ram usage above 95%. Thanks. Images here: View: https://imgur.com/a/qAiS9rB

DdosingDosa

Honorable
Jun 19, 2015
running sql server?
Dont think so. Dont exactly know what that is. I was using hamachi and I was remote connected to another network for college purposes via GlobalNetwork. Also use vmware. When I look online it says it is also used with solidoworks and visual studio, both of which I have installed. Thanks.

DdosingDosa

Honorable
Jun 19, 2015
did this happens after you install iobit?
Hi, so right now I have every major program closed including chrome and again usage is at 99%. Again Iobit and malwareabytes didn’t find anything. I know rebooting will fix but probably within 2-3 days usage will be full again. There is no way this is ram issues right? I have three sticks of ram. It must be malware I think. Could I be part of a botnet? Or is it memory leaks? But antivirus doesn’t detect anything. I’ll try norton power eraser. Do you have any other recommendations?

EDIT: So I downloaded RamMap and I can see that nonpaged pool part of ram at 630000 K slowly increasing over time. When looking it up it says driver or memory leaks being the cause.

Last edited: