Memory Voltage

recently i bought and installed OCZ Platinum OCZ3P1333LV4GK dual kit memory modules, i installed it and it was shown on the BIOS that it's 1066 not 1333... after a hard search i found that it's because it's a standard default fail-safe setting
memory modules on my MOBO gigabyt'es 890fxa-ud5 is designed to take voltage of 1.5V... it's said that No Problem with that and i have to set it manually to run at 1333 and set timings and voltages as well, i set everything right but when i try to set it to 1.65 V PC won't boot up
but it's just working on 1.5V
Note: i could make it working on 1.65V before BIOS update, after BIOS update... no signal on screen when raising voltage to 1.65V
any recommendations ?

Solution
As I mentioned earlier, you need to have RAM that is compatible with both your CPU and MOBO -> http://www.corsair.com/memory-3/amd-memory-solutions/phenom-ii.html otherwise G.SKILL http://gskill.com/products.php?index=224

Clearly, if you cannot get the current RAM to run stable and without BSOD then it needs to be replaced.

8500/8 = 1063 = 1066 MHz SPD, it is not unusual to have RAM rated above SPD. The problem is you cannot keep stable at Rated.

As a last ditch, Load Optimized {IDE->AHCI if previously set that way} and the only change the DRAM Frequency -> 1333 MHz ; FAILURE EXCHANGE RAM.

In everything, Good Luck! :)

sounds like a reasonable solution, but any better idea ?
and what type of RAM do you recommend ? i guess there is no kind of 1.5V DDR3 RAM EXCEPT for VALUE RAMS

thanks for ur informations, anyway i will live with the fact that i'm very stable on 1.5V i don't have crashes, nor blue screens ram works as 1333(667) CPU-z reports that and i set timings to 7-7-7-30
so i guess i'm good to go till i change my Ram after 2 years or sth

anyway I'm running perfectly, i was going to use DDR3 1600 Mushkin RAM, but according to AMD technical support they said that they don't recommend running any memory higher than 1333 MHz
in addition, OCZ platinum series this memory kit specially proved to be stable and OC capable here in tomshardware benchmarking test and in many other forums and i don't think that OCZ sucks cuz i was able to run it @1.65V before updating to F6
so, i wish i could go for Crosshair IV

They give you a reason for not run RAM above 1333MHz?, because with overclock I can run my current RAM at 2000MHz.

Regarding the BIOS, restore you BIOS to default and upgrade to the BIOS version in which you can run the RAM at 1.65V

after a hard research i found out the running RAM above DDR3 1333 could damage the IMC of the Phenom II over the time so i went to ask AMD about that, they put me on the Global Customer care, had a ticket with Issue and they said thanks for contacting AMD, we don't recommend running any Memory above DDR3 1333 but they didn't give reasons.

how do you run your RAM @ 2000 ? MOBO support maximum speed as 1866 and i guess only Mushkin RAM provide a great stability when you OC to 2000 according to reviews of other forums.

it's like you are telling me go to hell, and try to find a way out, IF i flash BIOS back to F3, it's a risk, the Mobo couldn't boot up again and it could damage the BIOS itself, cuz i flashed back NETGEAR firmware and DELL BIOS both didn't work after that and Flashin BIOS back removes your warranty and Gigabyte's Itself doesn't recommend flashing BIOS only IF you have a serious problem.

I RAN Memtest86 for all the night, i passed 11 passes without any 1 error, and system is very stable i guess i will stay like this.

IF i someday find my RAM crashes or Blue Screen i will make sure to get it back to OCZ lifetime warranty and maybe i could swap it for a Corsair or G.Skill , till then i like OCZ RAM :p :D

The part in bold text is true IF your RAM isn't rated to run at that speed, for example run a 1333MHz RAM @ 1600MHz.

From Gigabyte's web site:
(Note 2) To reach DDR3 1866MHz or above, you must install two memory modules and install them in the DDR3_3 and DDR3_4 memory sockets.

The above note only apply for the Rev. 2.0 that is my current mobo, above for me means 2000MHz, 2200MHz or any speed that you can get.

I'm not telling you "go to hell", I'm just telling you that OCZ has lot the good thing for makes good RAM and the UD5 likes us don't run very good with OCZ RAM, if your current RAM is running fine at you don't have any problem stay with it.

You CAN'T compare NETGEAR and DELL with Gigabyte, does NEATGEAR or DELL have dual-BIOS?, I'm pretty sure that not.

Finally, no, you don't need play with any other voltage, just your RAM voltage.

yea mine too rev 2.0 and ofcourse i can't compare DELL with GIGABYTE, DELL has Alienware but Gigabyte doesn't :)

well, i guess it's not my lucky day, cuz PC started to crash and blue screens during playing games and watching movies
tell me what to do ? i'm afraid to buy another RAM, can't set it to the required voltage and pc crash again
all value RAMs are 1.5V... is it my only option ?

it was running without problems 3 days ago, when i started to play COD black ops pc showed blue screen with hardware failure i restarted pc, then went back to play again it happened again.... closed COD and went to watch a movie.... happened again... left pc without using any application....and it happened again with blue screen and hardware failure
changed both sticks and put Hynix everything is fine till now

You need DDR3 at any speed with voltage above 1.35V and not more that 1.65V.

I know that your OCZ RAM is on the QVL of the mobo, so, you have three options.

1- Contact to Gigabyte support and explain your problem, maybe the can help you.
2- Contact to OCZ support and explain your problem, maybe the also can help you.

In both, Gigabyte and OCZ you will have similar answers.

From Gigabyte: "Contact to RAM manufacture, you could have a bad RAM" or something like that.
From OCZ: "Contact to Gigabyte, the mobo could have a problem" or something like that.

What is the last option?

I suggest you test your OCZ RAM in any other rig, do stress test with memtest86+, prime95, games and all the usual things that you do.

Test your mobo with any other RAM and do the same test that I say above.

If you get the same problems in the other rig, return the RAM and buy a new one (Crucial, Corsair, G.Skill, SuperTalent with elpida Hypers)

If you get the same problems with the other RAM, return the mobo and wait for replacement.

saint19, i did the first and second option and really Gigabyte and OCZ said the same as u said
about the last option, i can tell u that i'm the only one in my area who running hexacore and DDR3 RAM :D as the rest of friends are running pentium 4 and pentium 3 MOBO i will see if i can exchange my RAM with Corsair .... i will go with corsair for AMD CL8....

Specs - http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memory/ocz_ddr3_pc3_10666_platinum_low_voltage_dual_channel
1333MHz DDR3 CL 7-7-7-20 (CAS-TRCD-TRP-TRAS) @ 1.65 Volts

However, at SPD e.g. 1066 MHz it's @ 1.5v; so if you are not running @ rated frequency don't use 1.65v. Looking at your MOBO I would probably use BIOS F6 assuming you have GA-890FXA-UD5 (rev. 2.1). In addition update your drivers if applicable.

To know what actually caused your BSOD look at your Event Manager, assuming Win 7, it 'might not' be from the RAM. I know COD can cause BSOD all by itself in the form of a Conflict {use MSCONFIG - use Diagnostic + MS Servies}.

To verify the RAM + setup isn't the 'problem' run Memtest for 4 passes, and Prime95 overnight.

it's rev 2.0 with F6 yea i'm using win7 64 but unforunately i can't determine the fault in Event Manager, it sounds like i'm very idiot with it
BSOD is happening with COD and without COD, when watching movies, and even in system idle
i ran Memtest86 for 13 passes cuz i ran it all over night and i ran prime95 for blend test and everything is okay