cstepper

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2008
I seem to be getting conflicting data about my memory voltage. I have a ddr3-1333 8gb setup with an asus motherboard. My memory has a manufacturer suggested voltage of 1.7. I was having some stability problems at stock clock speeds, so I set the memory voltage to 1.76. The asus ai monitoring software then stated that my memory voltage was 2.3V, way too high for ddr3. When I set the memory voltage to auto in the bios, the ai asus tool stopped monitoring memory voltage.

My questions are-
1)Is there likely a bug in the asus software, or am I missing something?
2) Is there a way to confirm dram voltage in real time?

Thanks for your help.

-Clinton

akhilles

Splendid
1) Nope, not a bug, but ASUS throws that POS in with any mobo even if it's AMD with the exact same presets & defaults. I think it's designed around DDR2.

2) google cpuz

cstepper

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2008
Thanks for the reply.

Could you clarify what you mean by the "Pos"? Also cpuz does not have DRAM voltages (or I am completely overlooking it.) They do have a spd profile for a given stick, but that is always locked in at the default.

akhilles

Splendid
I don't touch the bundled cd/dvd. Never would. They're either outdated, spyware or crap. I download the latest drivers BEFORE hardware purchases.

Ok, cpuz doesn't show the ram voltage. You can see it in bios under monitor or power etc.

TRENDING THREADS