Question Memory went bad?

SkyRock1986

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
So I finally was able to figure out my random restarts and blue screens. Come to find out two of my four memory sticks went bad. The two that went bad were the two in the black bays. but the two in my blue bays on motherboard were fine? What would make this happen? Wouldn't all four typically go bad? I found this out through trial and error during memory diagnostic testing.

Memory modules develop errors after being written to or read from after a while, that's just a fact. Not all modules are created equal -- some are more durable than others.
The errors reported are inherent within the RAM module itself (wear & tear), not caused by another computer component, so there's nothing strange about some of the installed modules still being okay while others have errors.
Those errors cannot "migrate" to affect the good modules.

Without a part number or link to the memory in question it is difficult to know exactly what memory you have. Memory is guaranteed in the form sold. Some people combine multiple modules sold as Singles, and combine multiple kits of two to make four. These are just a couple examples of what has no guarantee to be compatible together.