Memory with Ryzen 2200g

normiecs23

Reputable
Aug 19, 2018
Hi guys, I'm planning on building a budget PC build with a Ryzen 3 2200g with iGPU, my friend recommends me good speed with dual channel.

I also do not plan on overclocking so I bought the ASUS Prime A320m-a as it was on a great discount. :)

If I'm going to get a 2x4gb ram kit, what should the ram speeds be at least if I am not overcloxking, thanks :)

normiecs23

Reputable
Aug 19, 2018

Also checked the manual for the Asus prime a320m-a, for Ryzen processor's, it doesn't say 3000mhz memory, would it still work?

You will have to set the timings or use XMP (AMP) memory profile for 3000 MHz. But it should work (if not select a lower frequency).

normiecs23

Reputable
Aug 19, 2018

One last thing to make sure, will it still let me go to bios to change it and do I change anything like voltage and all that? I'm a bit inexperienced with PC building.

To use the AMD version of Intel's XMP, you go into the BIOS and enable XMP. Then simply select the 3000 MHz from frequency on the DDR4 label. Then save the changes on exiting the BIOS.

Incidentally, resetting the CMOS or resetting the BIOS to the defaults will wipe the overclocks.

normiecs23

Reputable
Aug 19, 2018

Yeah I'm confused, I need to go to the bios to change this, but first will it let me go into bios if the memory speed is wrong? I've read where people were unable to see display because of wrong memory speeds. Thanks, I'm a bit slow to all this pc stuff.

normiecs23

Reputable
Aug 19, 2018

Yeah I'm confused, I need to go to the bios to change this, but first will it let me go into bios if the memory speed is wrong? I've read where people were unable to see display because of wrong memory speeds. Thanks, I'm a bit slow to all this pc stuff.