[SOLVED] MEMORY_MANAGEMENT after installing new ram

May 14, 2022
Hello all! Today, one new 8GB ram stick arrived that I put into my computer with a already existin 8GB ram stick to make it 16GB of ram total. I plugged it in and my computer acknowledges that I now have 16GB of ram. However, after at least one hour of playing, I get a BSOD saying MEMORY_MANAGEMENT.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but I checked that both RAM sticks are the same and they are. I made sure they were in the right places in accordance to the motherboard manuel.

Here is my specs according to CPU-Z: motherboard is a model 970A-DS3P FX Gigabyte and I am running an AMD chipset with a ITE LPCIO. I did a memtest and it is saying that there is a hardware problem right after 1% of the test is completed.

May 14, 2022
hYBBPWV.png
i3WsWOM.png
xCoMZ7X.png

XOpmP1I.png
5iFoMm8.png

I always purchase in packs and never add more later, so I'm no expert.

My first idea is to CONFIRM that the second stick is not outright defective in some way.

Probably by running a good memory test program with ONLY the new stick installed.

If it passes the test when used alone, then maybe fight the apparent incompatibility between the 2 sticks. You might be able to get BOTH to run at the some single setting, even if that is not the fastest possible.

Or give up and return the new stick and live with the old stick.

Or give up and return the new stick and buy a matched pair in a single package.

TRENDING THREADS