Question Memory_management BSOD every startup

wakefulwand

Reputable
Feb 23, 2017
So as title says i have memory_management BSOD every time i start my pc. And that means every morning when I wake up and the pc has been off and plugged to wall or every time get back from work and the pc has been plugged off the wall.
I've tried everything that i can find for fix to it online, updating my gpu drivers, checking my OS files, doing Mem test. I even installed new sata cables between my 2 ssd and 1 hdd and the mobo.
My old pc with i7-7700k and z270 mobo used to work flawless but then i upgraded to i9-9900k and z370 mobo and that had the problem that the pc wouldn't boot to windows.
It only started the lights in my pc and didnt go any further, and that combination forced me to force shut down the pc and try again about 3-5 time depending on the day. Then i ordered a new mobo (z390) thinking that it might be the mobos fault.
Now we are stuck with that BSOD screen. Usually it is the Mem,management but once it was the Kernel data inpage error without the driver that is giving the error.
Any help woud be helpfull, would really like my pc to boot on the first start. Also gonna post pc specs down below because i know someone will ask them.

Pc Specs: I9-9900k in Strix z390-f gaming with 32gb of hyperx fury ddr4 2666mhz. 500gb 970 evo M.2 as os sdd, 2 860 eov 1tb as game storage, 1 2tb hdd as mass memory. Gpu is asus strix 2080ti

wakefulwand

Reputable
Feb 23, 2017
Little update. Spent yesterday cleaning and in mean time tested one stick at a time with memtest 86 and then all 4 stick with no errors. Only possible reason i can figure out is either using optimised default in bios but the only thing ive enabled in bios is fast boot off and no cpu restrictions what lets the 9900k turbo to 5ghz and reinstalling gpu driver without the gpus usb-c driver. My bet is the type c driver for the gpu

Colif

Win 11 Master
it could be a software error

Can you follow option one on the following link - here

and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link here and I will get someone to convert file into a format I can read

wakefulwand

Reputable
Feb 23, 2017
it could be a software error

Can you follow option one on the following link - here

and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link here and I will get someone to convert file into a format I can read

My pc doesnt automatically reboot after the Memory_management error. but if i force shutdown and re start theres still a minidump should i upload it? also this time there is no minidump created so i will upload that tomorrow morning when the pc does the bsod again

sorry for the type errors super long day so dont really have energy to write well

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/fIB8.html

File information:033019-11250-01.dmp (Mar 30 2019 - 02:08:09)
Bugcheck:MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: nvcontainer.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 24 Sec(s)

Comment: The overclocking driver "IOCBios2.sys" was found on your system. (Intel Extreme Tuning Utility)

BIOS information was not included in the dump file. This can sometimes mean an outdated BIOS i being used.

I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information soon. Please wait for more answers. Good luck.

wakefulwand

Reputable
Feb 23, 2017
Hi, I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/fIB8.html

File information:033019-11250-01.dmp (Mar 30 2019 - 02:08:09)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: nvcontainer.exe)

Comment: The overclocking driver "IOCBios2.sys" was found on your system. (Intel Extreme Tuning Utility)

BIOS information was not included in the dump file. This can sometimes mean an outdated BIOS i being used.

I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information soon. Please wait for more answers. Good luck.

Well I havent installed it unless it has come bundled with some driver, but i did boot to safe mode and delete the folder, hopefully some one will figure this out, really annoying to double boot every morning :unsure:

Edit: also new bios version has come out 22.3 so just downloaded that and gonna update it, hopefully it fixes something or breaks everything

Edit edit: bios updated removed all restriction from cpu so it s not at 3.6ghz, also noticed Ai overclocker was on that was pushing my ram to 2667mhz from 2666mhz:LOL: changed that to XMP1/default but dont really think that that was the problem

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
nvcontainer.exe is part of nvidia drivers, you appear to have latest so could try running DDU and installing older ones.

Asus motherboards like to overclock CPU even if it's set to default, 1mhz more ram is likely rounding error.

bios update could fix, it may be a command the old bios couldn't support.

wakefulwand

Reputable
Feb 23, 2017
nvcontainer.exe is part of nvidia drivers, you appear to have latest so could try running DDU and installing older ones.

Asus motherboards like to overclock CPU even if it's set to default, 1mhz more ram is likely rounding error.

bios update could fix, it may be a command the old bios couldn't support.
We will see tomorrow morning, installed nvidia driver again with only audio and the graphics driver

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/yeFn.html

File information:040119-11109-01.dmp (Mar 31 2019 - 20:33:05)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: CAM.exe)

File information:040119-10562-01.dmp (Mar 31 2019 - 20:39:36)
Driver warnings:WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Unknown_Module_00000000`00000000
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: ?)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 06 Min(s), and 02 Sec(s)

Comment: The overclocking driver "RTCore64.sys" was found on your system. (MSI Afterburner)

This information can be used by others to help you. I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

wakefulwand

Reputable
Feb 23, 2017
I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/yeFn.html

File information:040119-11109-01.dmp (Mar 31 2019 - 20:33:05)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: CAM.exe)

File information:040119-10562-01.dmp (Mar 31 2019 - 20:39:36)
Driver warnings:WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Unknown_Module_00000000`00000000
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: ?)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 06 Min(s), and 02 Sec(s)

Comment: The overclocking driver "RTCore64.sys" was found on your system. (MSI Afterburner)

This information can be used by others to help you. I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.
Uuh the nzxt cam software. Well gotta delete that tonight before going to bed and might just delete afterburner aswell and maybe try with two sticks of ram tomorrow morning

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try running this and see if it can identify the actual driver at fault

Before running this,

1) search for “Create a restore point” and create a restore point

2) Create a bootable USB of Win 10 installer to use as a boot drive. download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

Try running driver verifer, just read the instructions carefully. It is part of win 10 designed to find misbehaving drivers. It will cause BSOD, that is its job since it tests drivers.

Once it bsod, upload the minidump file and we see what it shows us.

Steps 1 & 2 are just precautions as sometimes driver verifer can put you in a boot loop. If this happen, follow these steps to get out of it

change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose system restore and roll system back to restore point created in step 1. PC should boot normally.

wakefulwand

Reputable
Feb 23, 2017
Tried to uninstall CAM. got something abou windows installer faulty installation. Booted to safe mode same error screen. I think we might have found the reason. Gotta head to bed been up almost 24 hours. Gonna post the exact error message tomorrow.

wakefulwand

Reputable
Feb 23, 2017
So the Error messsage say and this is translated to english so im sorry about that : Windows Installer- service is unavailable. Windows Installers faulty installation might prevent using. Contact support person if needed

edit: found a picture on it, its only from win 7 but the same window
windows-installer-could-not-be-accessed.png

Last edited:

wakefulwand

Reputable
Feb 23, 2017
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17763.379]
(c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. Kaikki oikeudet pidätetään.

C:\Windows\system32>DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 10.0.17763.1

Image Version: 10.0.17763.379

[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.
The operation completed successfully.

C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\Windows\system32>

Ran the DISM/SFC no errors with those

TRENDING THREADS