[SOLVED] Memory_Management Issue

Sep 14, 2019
My Build
B350 Tomahawk Arctic
XFX RAW 2 5700xt
AMD RYZEN 5 3600
Vengeance 16gb DDR4
So I keep getting this issue even though I just reset the pc and installed a new version of windows, I downloaded Whocrashed and this is what I keep getting
Crash dump directories:
C:\Windows
C:\Windows\Minidump

On Sat 4/11/2020 2:49:59 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\041120-6718-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: hardware.sys (hardware)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41792, 0xFFFFEB01026A16C8, 0x8000000000000, 0x0)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred. A corrupted PTE has been detected.
This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: hardware.sys .
Google query: hardware.sys MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

And its saying that this is a driver issue... but I just reset my pc, so my other thought was maybe it was the ram, so I ran the memory diagnostics test and nothing, is it possible that my ram is faulty but windows just wasn't able to catch it? Or is the Hardware.sys connected to something that I've downloaded?

Solution
750w Cq Gold edition (https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=210-GQ-0750-V1 )
I also recently replaced my Gpu with a 580 still got a BSOD used a different Ryzen 5 3600 still getting BSOD and i've done every memory test possible so it basically comes down to either my PSU or MOBO and I think it has to be the PSU
I've also gotten a couple black screens when I am using a big load like discord, recording, and gaming which is a sign of a bad psu
The PSU is not the greatest in quality, there is indeed a fair chance it is the problem here. I was not mentioning it tilll now since you had only told us one BSOD error and I thought you were only getting that consistently. But seeing how multiple BSOD's with different errors...
Run SFC Scanner

SFC Scanner is a Microsoft tool for detecting various problems with your system, and running it seems to have solved some people’s memory management woes.

Right-click the Start button, and run ‘Command Prompt’ in admin mode. A slightly intimidating black text box will pop up. Type in ‘sfc/scannow’ and press ‘Enter’.

Run SFC Scanner

SFC Scanner is a Microsoft tool for detecting various problems with your system, and running it seems to have solved some people’s memory management woes.

Right-click the Start button, and run ‘Command Prompt’ in admin mode. A slightly intimidating black text box will pop up. Type in ‘sfc/scannow’ and press ‘Enter’.
There is a space between sfc and /scannow, so it should be 'sfc /scannow' without quotes.

Reactions: Flayed
Sep 14, 2019
There is a space between sfc and /scannow, so it should be 'sfc /scannow' without quotes.
Yep i’ve done that twice now, it isnt the memory it isnt the temps I cant figure this out
B350 Tomahawk Arctic. What BIOS version? You did install the chipset drivers?

Is this a new build for you or it was working fine before?
It was working but then I switched graphics cards and cpu, bios is updated, windows is update, got the latest gpu drivers

Yep i’ve done that twice now, it isnt the memory it isnt the temps I cant figure this out

It was working but then I switched graphics cards and cpu, bios is updated, windows is update, got the latest gpu drivers
Run Display Driver Uninstaller in Safe Mode and uninstall all your current GPU drivers, then reinstall the latest version only. Residuals of older drivers could cause issues. DDU will remove all drivers, new and old, and then you install the latest ones.

Sep 14, 2019
Alright Heres a list of All the BSOD's that i've gotten
Memory Management
Video Scheduler internal Error
System thread exception not handled
system service exception
Kernel security check failure
And I just cannot figure out why but heres some things I've tried
Memtest86
Memory diagnostics
SFC /scannow
Resetting my pc
Then not only reseting my pc downloaded a completely new Os (windows 10home to windows 10 pro)
Updating then Reinstalling new graphics card
All this happened after I upgraded to a new Cpu and Gpu cant tell you which one is causing it since I already sold the old gpu and cpu BUT I do have a spare ryzen 5 3600 question is... could that be the problem? Because these are all memory issues so I couldn't see why this would have anything to do with it?
Im going to bring this to a pc repair shop thats probably gonna cost me around $100 dollars to get this fixed so if anyone has anything that could help that would be greatly appreciated!
(Though im starting to think its amd's bad drivers but what do I know)

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Have you tried running Windows 10's built in troubleshooters?

Look in Reliabilty History and Event Viewer (not as user friendly) for error codes, warnings, and even informational events.

Post accordingly.

Sep 14, 2019
Update your post to include full system hardware specs.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Have you tried running Windows 10's built in troubleshooters?

Look in Reliabilty History and Event Viewer (not as user friendly) for error codes, warnings, and even informational events.

Post accordingly.
PSU: 750w EvGA, probably 2 years old, how do you check condition?
Yeah i've gotten no problems found
I used who crashed to get some info on these errors and its only helped me come to the conclusion its a driver or hardware issue Heres what I got:
On Mon 4/13/2020 8:02:23 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: dxgmms2.sys (0xFFFFF80272F5D2DF)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80272F5D2DF, 0xFFFFA383A54EF3C0, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dxgmms2.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: DirectX Graphics MMS
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 4/13/2020 7:53:27 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\041320-8109-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1C2380)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8031A317DEC, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 4/13/2020 2:50:58 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\041320-8781-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown (0x0000000000000003)
Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFFD708AF70E010, 0xFFFFF80069D40818, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000001, 0x3)
Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR
Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error.
Google query: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

On Mon 4/13/2020 2:17:28 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\041320-8875-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41792, 0xFFFF97800005E7C0, 0x88000000000000, 0x0)
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred. A corrupted PTE has been detected.
This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\041320-8718-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: dxgmms2.sys (0xFFFFF80272F5D2DF)
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 4/12/2020 5:02:10 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\041220-6828-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: watchdog.sys (watchdog+0x41A0)
Bugcheck code: 0x119 (0x10, 0xFFFF9103A517C000, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\watchdog.sys
description: Watchdog Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that the video scheduler has detected a fatal violation.

Sep 14, 2019
PSU: 750w EvGA, probably 2 years old, how do you check condition?
Yeah i've gotten no problems found
I used who crashed to get some info on these errors and its only helped me come to the conclusion its a driver or hardware issue Heres what I got:
crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP

On Mon 4/13/2020 7:53:27 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\041320-8109-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8031A317DEC, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver.

On Mon 4/13/2020 2:50:58 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\041320-8781-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown (0x0000000000000003)
Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFFD708AF70E010, 0xFFFFF80069D40818, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000001, 0x3)
Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR
Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error.
Google query: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

On Mon 4/13/2020 2:17:28 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\041320-8875-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41792, 0xFFFF97800005E7C0, 0x88000000000000, 0x0)

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\041320-8718-01.dmp

On Sun 4/12/2020 5:02:10 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\041220-6828-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: watchdog.sys (watchdog+0x41A0)
Bugcheck code: 0x119 (0x10, 0xFFFF9103A517C000, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\watchdog.sys
description: Watchdog Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that the video scheduler has detected a fatal violation.

These also usually happen while gaming it's happened once while not but it was right after I had just restarted from another error

These also usually happen while gaming it's happened once while not but it was right after I had just restarted from another error
Can you tell the specific model of the PSU? EVGA has may 750W units, what is the full model name? If you are not sure, open up your case and read the label on the PSU for the model name, it's usually written in a marketing-type way, not the tiny white stickers with small text.

Sep 14, 2019
Can you tell the specific model of the PSU? EVGA has may 750W units, what is the full model name? If you are not sure, open up your case and read the label on the PSU for the model name, it's usually written in a marketing-type way, not the tiny white stickers with small text.
750w Cq Gold edition (https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=210-GQ-0750-V1 )
I also recently replaced my Gpu with a 580 still got a BSOD used a different Ryzen 5 3600 still getting BSOD and i've done every memory test possible so it basically comes down to either my PSU or MOBO and I think it has to be the PSU
I've also gotten a couple black screens when I am using a big load like discord, recording, and gaming which is a sign of a bad psu

The PSU is not the greatest in quality, there is indeed a fair chance it is the problem here. I was not mentioning it tilll now since you had only told us one BSOD error and I thought you were only getting that consistently. But seeing how multiple BSOD's with different errors have been encountered, I would suggest getting the PSU replaced first, preferably with a better quality unit like Seasonic Focus Plus Gold, or if you want to stick with EVGA, then a EVGA G2 - for this system 550 W unit is enough, maybe 650 W if you really want to be safe, or if you have a crap ton of storage drives, peripherals and other components.. Otherwise, 550 W is all you need for the specs mentioned.

Solution

Latest posts