[SOLVED] Memtest error i need help

Frigozzo

Commendable
Jul 22, 2021
So i recentrly built a new pc and games kept frezzeing. To be more specific games freeze but it keeps running, so i tried different things to fix this problem but none worked. Though i don't exactly know what the problem is i seriously need help. So as last resort i used memtest and gave errors, but i can't figure out if it's the ram or the cpu.
Components:
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x;
MotherBoard: Asus Rog Strix x570-e Gaming
GPU: GTX 970 GigaByte Windforce Trio
RAM: Patriot Viper Steel 16GB 3600Mhz
PSU: Corsair RM850
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x53
Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
The link takes you to an image of the errors,
https://ibb.co/wJRm2WZ
BTW i was supposed to have two ram bank but one kept causing PC crashes until i removed it. Also all components are brand new except fot the gpu

Last edited:
Solution
Rather than going THAT low, perhaps try 3200 MHz (actually 1600 MHZ, DDR); Ryzen gets great performance at 3200 MHz vice at a full 900 MHz slower...
I said START by doing this. That was necessary to rule out a bad DIMM. The safe approach is to leave it at default.
Then use CPU-Z to look at the options for factory timing. There may be an XMP option for 2933 or 3200. You could try one of those. Rerun MEMTEST for several hours with zero errors with each change.

kanewolf

Titan
So i recentrly built a new pc and games kept frezzeing. To be more specific games freeze but it keeps running, so i tried different things to fix this problem but none worked. Though i don't exactly know what the problem is i seriously need help. So as last resort i used memtest and gave errors, but i can't figure out if it's the ram or the cpu.
Components:
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x;
MotherBoard: Asus Rog Strix x570-e Gaming
GPU: GTX 970 GigaByte Windforce Trio
RAM: Patriot Viper Steel 16GB 3600Mhz
PSU: Corsair RM850
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x53
Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
The link takes you to an image of the errors,
https://ibb.co/wJRm2WZ
BTW i was supposed to have two ram bank but one kept causing PC crashes until i removed it. Also all components are brand new except fot the gpu
Start by setting your memory timing to default (2133 or 2400). Rerun memtest with both DIMMs.

kanewolf

Titan
Rather than going THAT low, perhaps try 3200 MHz (actually 1600 MHZ, DDR); Ryzen gets great performance at 3200 MHz vice at a full 900 MHz slower...
I said START by doing this. That was necessary to rule out a bad DIMM. The safe approach is to leave it at default.
Then use CPU-Z to look at the options for factory timing. There may be an XMP option for 2933 or 3200. You could try one of those. Rerun MEMTEST for several hours with zero errors with each change.

Solution