[SOLVED] memtest86 crash

Myzplitx

Reputable
Dec 2, 2015
IMG_20201008_192926.jpg

hello, so i was experiencing this crash after entering desktop after i placed a new single stick of ddr3l 1600mhz ram, so i ran memtest but unfortunately the moment the scanning started this happens, does it confirm that i have a faulty ram?
IMG_20201009_005700.jpg

Solution
Open your laptop and look at your drive. Last time I saw this it was the drive that was almost disconnected from the connectors. The stupid laptop had a drive enclosure so big that the drive was almost loose in that enclosure moving around. I was shocked that nothing was screwed down or it was missing a part behind the HDD that makes it not move at all.

Not saying it's not the RAM but it could be something else that was caused by the removal of the onboard + adding the new RAM that caused another issue.
Open your laptop and look at your drive. Last time I saw this it was the drive that was almost disconnected from the connectors. The stupid laptop had a drive enclosure so big that the drive was almost loose in that enclosure moving around. I was shocked that nothing was screwed down or it was missing a part behind the HDD that makes it not move at all.

Not saying it's not the RAM but it could be something else that was caused by the removal of the onboard + adding the new RAM that caused another issue.

Solution

Myzplitx

Reputable
Dec 2, 2015

so i replug the drive and it still crash, i'll just return the RAM and ask for a new one.