Question Memtest86+ Error at Test Nr.7 only with single combination

trandaa

Reputable
Feb 21, 2019
Hello all,
I need some input in the situation I currently have. Recently I was getting memory issues from MS Store games, like Forza Horizon 5 or MSFS2020. Since there were lot of people with the same issue, I just thought, it's the game issue. Anyways, I was a bit bored and decide to fire up memtest86+ just for fun. I received about 4-8 errors in test 7. Sometimes in first pass, sometimes later. Something what I've noticed, it always happens when the CPU temperature reaches 60°C

To my system:
Ryzen 5 5600X
Aorus RAM 2x8GB 3733CL18
Aorus B550 Pro AC
Sapphire Pulse 5600XT
Focus GX-750

My attempts to find what is wrong
  1. disable XMP (running at 2666) - Error present
  2. Change RAM to another kit of same type - Error present
  3. Test my kit in another system - Error not present
  4. Change RAM to Corsair 2x8 2400 Kit - Error not present
  5. Change the CPU to Ryzen 5 2600 - Error not present
  6. Put my Ryzen 5600X into another system (Aorus B450 Pro, same RAM kit, Gigabyte RX580, Focus GX-650) - Error not present

Any ideas or advice welcomed

Thanks in advance

D

Deleted member 14196

You might also test each stick in each slot to see if you have a motherboard problem

Yeah it appears that that 2666 kit that gives the error just isn’t compatible with the motherboard

Can’t you just sell it and get the good ram to replace

trandaa

Reputable
Feb 21, 2019
You might also test each stick in each slot to see if you have a motherboard problem

Yeah it appears that that 2666 kit that gives the error just isn’t compatible with the motherboard

Can’t you just sell it and get the good ram to replace

I tested single stick each in 2nd bank - no issues
I tested both sticks with different CPU same motherboard - no issues
I testet both sticks with same CPU on different motherboard - no issues

I think it is even on the QVL list of the motherboard, I would need to recheck it though.

trandaa

Reputable
Feb 21, 2019
Did you make sure you have the latest chipset drivers from AMD

Sorry for the late reply. My chipset drivers aren't the newest, but I am not sure how that would affect MemTest86+ which does not initiate Windows.

Yesterday I tried MemTest86 from PassMark and I didn't get any errors.

So now I am very confused whether is my hardware broken or MemTest86+ is broken...

I think it is even on the QVL list of the motherboard, I would need to recheck it though.

The RAM is not on motherboard QVL list but the motherboard is on the RAM QVL List.