[SOLVED] Memtest86 error I really need some help ._.

Solution
Is that 4 sticks or only 1? You need to test each stick by itself or you don't know which is cause.

if you had 2 sticks already. and bought 2 more, and all 4 don't come up with errors when individually tested by memtest, its always possible they just don't work together. Its a gamble getting 4 unmatched sticks to work together, its one reason its always smart to buy 4 at once.

Max number of errors you want in Memtest = 0
Test 6 - 4140
Test 8 - 5888

Thats way over zero... you need to print out that report and rma ram, as ram makers will accept failing memtest as a reason for replacements.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Is that 4 sticks or only 1? You need to test each stick by itself or you don't know which is cause.

if you had 2 sticks already. and bought 2 more, and all 4 don't come up with errors when individually tested by memtest, its always possible they just don't work together. Its a gamble getting 4 unmatched sticks to work together, its one reason its always smart to buy 4 at once.

Test 6 - 4140
Test 8 - 5888

Thats way over zero... you need to print out that report and rma ram, as ram makers will accept failing memtest as a reason for replacements.

Last edited:
Solution

Zeplyn

Prominent
Feb 23, 2019

Test 6 - 4140
Test 8 - 5888

Sorry for being inspecific yes I already had 2 sticks and added another 2 I tohught because they were the exact same model there would be no issue I will test each individually now and isolate the issue, thanks for the guidance

TRENDING THREADS