Mar 25, 2021
Greetings,
lately I have been getting bluescreens with "whea uncorrectable error", so after searching on internet to see what causing the issue, i ran memtest86 today and got this result:

HugnQTJ.png

Clearly there are some issues with memory but it showing i have errors in CPU too. Does this mean i have i defected processor or the error is because of the ram?

Thanks

FULL MEMTEST RESULT

Last edited:
Solution
the only error count you want in Memtest is o so that stick needs to be removed/replaced

It might fix the whea errors

CPU is where memory controller is, report shows the errors happened in memory tests, not CPU ones.
Test 0, 1 & 10 are CPU related tests.
You failed test 7

Colif

Win 11 Master
the only error count you want in Memtest is o so that stick needs to be removed/replaced

It might fix the whea errors

CPU is where memory controller is, report shows the errors happened in memory tests, not CPU ones.
Test 0, 1 & 10 are CPU related tests.
You failed test 7

Reactions: sobchak
Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
Isn't that report from memtest86?
I thought that was the bootable version... i know there are 4 or so but 1 is possibly malware

Reactions: gardenman
I thought that was the bootable version... i know there are 4 or so but 1 is possibly malware

Might be, but I know the new one costs money for the bootable one and the classic one still works fine. I just tested 2x module earlier this week and have tested 256GB before using it too.

The PDF he attached says its from Passmark, I know they make the bootable version as it leads to website I normally suggest people use

"MemTest86 boots from a USB flash drive and tests the RAM in your computer for faults using a series of comprehensive algorithms and test patterns." - https://www.memtest86.com/

I have never needed to run it yet
Yeah, memtest has an interesting history as the development split and part of it was bought by passmark. I tend to stick to whatever version is on any of my other boot cds.

Mar 25, 2021

yes, it's from memtest86.com I download it from their website and used bootable usb to run the test

TRENDING THREADS