Question Menu on Windows Photo Viewer changed color?

animematic

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
So I installed a feature update to windows 10 a couple days ago and when I tried using the Windows Photo Viewer noticed the menu on the bottom went from Blue to White.
not sure if that was part of the update or if something went wrong with the update.
anyone else have this issue?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cl9tgpvc6pcclto/Capture2.JPG?dl=0

here is a link showing what I mean. Again the bar on the bottom used to be blue.

Colif

Titan
Windows Photo Viewer isn't part of Windows 10, but if you upgraded from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, you might still have it. To check, press and hold (or right-click) a photo in File Explorer, and select Open with. If Windows Photo Viewer isn't in the list, you cannot install it on Windows 10.
  • The Photos app in Windows 10 does the same things Photo Viewer did, and more..
well, that explains why I can't find it.

have you tried using the windows 10 app?

gardenman

Admirable
Herald
WPV is still included in Win 10 but you usually have to use a .REG file to access it these days (as far as I know).

For me, it's blue when focused, white when it does not have the focus. If I remember correctly, previous older versions were always blue.

animematic

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
For me its white either way. It just used to be blue when I had the actual picture focused. Again I know its not a huge deal as everything still seems to work fine but just wondering if anyone else had the issue.

and yeah I did try using the Photos app when I first upgraded to 10 but WPV was just so much simpler and user friendly IMO so I just used that registry method to restore it.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS