Question Menu on Windows Photo Viewer changed color?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Windows Photo Viewer isn't part of Windows 10, but if you upgraded from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, you might still have it. To check, press and hold (or right-click) a photo in File Explorer, and select Open with. If Windows Photo Viewer isn't in the list, you cannot install it on Windows 10.
  • The Photos app in Windows 10 does the same things Photo Viewer did, and more..

well, that explains why I can't find it.

have you tried using the windows 10 app?

gardenman

Splendid
WPV is still included in Win 10 but you usually have to use a .REG file to access it these days (as far as I know).

For me, it's blue when focused, white when it does not have the focus. If I remember correctly, previous older versions were always blue.

WPV.gif

animematic

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
For me its white either way. It just used to be blue when I had the actual picture focused. Again I know its not a huge deal as everything still seems to work fine but just wondering if anyone else had the issue.

and yeah I did try using the Photos app when I first upgraded to 10 but WPV was just so much simpler and user friendly IMO so I just used that registry method to restore it.