[SOLVED] Meraki to Meraki VPN Down

mrjane

Prominent
Oct 11, 2019
Hopefully this is the right place to put this.

I'm a junior IT in a mid sized company. Home base and some locations are in Canada, but we have several locations through the US as well. Last weekend, we were trying to upgrade our router from an old Juniper SSG 140 to a new Meraki MX. We had VPNs from each location to home office setup on the Juniper, including Sonicwalls, Junipers, and several Merakis.

We made the switch, network was working, but then we realized that the old VPNs from Sonicwalls and Junipers at some locations weren't configured with the new Meraki and wouldn't work. We expected the Merakis to autoconfigure to one another, but these non-meraki peers would have to be done manually. So, we switched back to the Juniper.

But now none of the remote Meraki's can VPN to our Juniper. It's showing green on the Meraki dashboard to us, but they're clearly not working as several users have reported as much.

So, my question is, could hooking up the Meraki at HQ for that short time have possibly sent out new configurations to the remote sites? Any ideas of what I should be looking for or change?

Solution
Meraki does ipsec vpn tunnels a bit differently than everyone else in the industry. You should be able to re-configure the meraki endpoints for the Juniper again, but there's a solid chance that their config was changed since anything connected in the Meraki dashboard can just change like that.
Meraki does ipsec vpn tunnels a bit differently than everyone else in the industry. You should be able to re-configure the meraki endpoints for the Juniper again, but there's a solid chance that their config was changed since anything connected in the Meraki dashboard can just change like that.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS