Question Merc 310 7900XTX Stutter/Low Performance/Freezing in Game

UsernameAlex714

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2016
Hello,

I recently upgraded to the Merc 310 7900XTX from a 3070TI and have had nothing but problems with it. Extremely bad stutter, lower performance in games and when the frames drop the game will freeze for a split second making it almost impossible to have a smooth experience.

Prior to this I did not have any issues with my rig except for baldurs gate 3 which was maxing out the VRAM on my 3070TI, hence why I upgraded.

I have uninstalled and re-installed AMD drivers with and without Adrenalin software - Reinstalled windows, tried capping FPS, undervolting GPU, enabled/disabled ftpm, enabled, disabled REBAR, tried using only one monitor, disabled freesync, enabled freesync. I feel like I have almost tried everything. I have a new 1200W power supply on the way, but I do not think this is the root of the problem. GPU doesn't hit more than 500W under full load in game.

CPU: 5800X3D
Cooler: Noctua NH-D15
GPU: Merc 310 7900XTX 24GB
Ram: 32 GB TRIDENT Z NEO 3600 CL 16
NVME: 980 PRO 1TB
NVME:WESTERN BLACK 1TB
Hard Drive:500GB 7200RPM
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNova G5 850w

Lutfij

Titan
Reinstalled windows
Where did you source the installer for the OS? When you state reinstalling the OS, did you reinstall the OS while in an offline mode, then manually installed all relevant drivers in an elevated command?

How old is the PSU?

I recently upgraded to the Merc 310 7900XTX from a 3070TI and have had nothing but problems with it.
Did you use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers prior to dropping in the AMD discrete GPU?

UsernameAlex714

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2016
Reinstalled windows
Where did you source the installer for the OS? When you state reinstalling the OS, did you reinstall the OS while in an offline mode, then manually installed all relevant drivers in an elevated command?

How old is the PSU?

I recently upgraded to the Merc 310 7900XTX from a 3070TI and have had nothing but problems with it.
Did you use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers prior to dropping in the AMD discrete GPU?

Hello,

I reinstalled Windows through the Reset feature and I did manually update, installed the chipset drivers and gpu drivers. as for the PS it is roughly a year old, so not too old. Prior to re-installing windows I did use DDU to remove the old NVIDIA drivers and folders and had the program shutdown the PC for the new installation of the AMD card