[SOLVED] Merge two audio outputs into one?

Xman31

Reputable
Jul 12, 2017
I have the Steelseries Artic 7 headset. It has a function where you can change the volume of chat and game sound on the headset with a wheel. In order for this to work, you change the discord/skype/whatever program you want to output to "chat" and the rest to game output. The headset automatically merges the two and gives you both audio when the wheel is in neutral.

My issue lies when I want to record game audio and chat audio. It's difficult to use Nvidia shadowplay as it can only record one output. Is there a program or software which allows me to combine both audio outputs into one singular audio output? I've tried using VB-audio and virtual cable and don't understand exactly how I can take both outputs and put them as one, in real-time. If anyone knows how I can get this to work, and could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated :)

Solution
Probably not what you ask for, but OBS Studio allows one to specify one or several different audio sources.

You can always try out Audacity - actually you can get it from portableapps (current version) too if you don't want to install it.