Merge two partitions without losing data

blowfish_cro

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016
Hi guys.

I have two partitions that I'd like to merge into one.

First, none of them has OS on it. I have Windows 10 and all software on SSD disk which is partition C. Partition E is for games and it's around 300 GB, while partition F is for other files and it's 700 GB. 1 TB drive in total.

I'd like to merge E and F partitions and keep the data on both. First I tried to keep both of them but shrink the F and extend E with unlocalized space, but for some reason Windows default software isn't allowing me to extend E with unlocalized space.

I'd like to know if there's any good and reliable software to merge those partitions and keep the data on merged partition. Shrinking F and extending E is also an option.

Thank you!

Solution
Check software like Paragon't Hard Disk Manager. I don't remember if Windows Drive Utilities have that option but the Paragon solution I have tried a couple of times with really good results. Just be prepared to leave your computer for a couple of hours.

CBender

Reputable
Dec 30, 2015
Check software like Paragon't Hard Disk Manager. I don't remember if Windows Drive Utilities have that option but the Paragon solution I have tried a couple of times with really good results. Just be prepared to leave your computer for a couple of hours.

Solution

blowfish_cro

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016

That's okay, I'm doing it via Teamviewer from my work anyway :D

blowfish_cro

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016
Hey again! Looks like the same problem as on Windows default software persists with Paragon. Check the screenshot bellow, you'll see that I have 253 GB unallocated space that I got by shrinking F partition. I applied the changes and restarted PC, it took almost half hour to unallocate that space. And I still can't add that free space to E partition, it only allows me to extend it to 300 GB which is current size.

http://i.imgur.com/sVH4L09.jpg

What do you think the problem is? Maybe the partitions aren't same type? Where can I check that?

Still haven't tried to merge them cause I'm suspicious about losing my data :lol:

blowfish_cro

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016

Why using commands when there is integrated slider for this? I mean, if the slider isn't working, do you think the command would?

Anyway, now I tried to use "express resize" in Paragon and I was able to add a part (not all) of unallocated space, but when I started the proccess and restarted PC, but it's stuck at this point for an hour:

http://imgur.com/dIcmz2j

EDIT:
Never mind, it just took pretty long to finish it. Everything is okay. Thanks for your help!