Question Mesh Networks and PS4

David6789

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2015
Good morning and thank you for looking at my question.

I have 7 Smartthings ET-WV525 pods through out the house and garage. My sons bedroom upstairs has a ET-WV525 and the plume app says it was an "excellent connection". In fact when I test the connection via a phone app or a laptop I am getting 130 Mbps download and 12 Mbps upload. My sons PS4 console does a speed test and get 25 Mbps down and 4 Mbps up. I cant figure out why??

Maybe these Smartthings ET-WV525 are old tech and need to be upgraded?
Maybe the PS4 console doesn't support Smartthings connections?
I am at a loss here.

Please help

kanewolf

Titan
Good morning and thank you for looking at my question.

I have 7 Smartthings ET-WV525 pods through out the house and garage. My sons bedroom upstairs has a ET-WV525 and the plume app says it was an "excellent connection". In fact when I test the connection via a phone app or a laptop I am getting 130 Mbps download and 12 Mbps upload. My sons PS4 console does a speed test and get 25 Mbps down and 4 Mbps up. I cant figure out why??

Maybe these Smartthings ET-WV525 are old tech and need to be upgraded?
Maybe the PS4 console doesn't support Smartthings connections?
I am at a loss here.

Please help
There is an ethernet port on the ET-WV525 from the pictures I have found. Use an ethernet cable rather than WIFI to connect the PS4.

David6789

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2015
There is an ethernet port on the ET-WV525 from the pictures I have found. Use an ethernet cable rather than WIFI to connect the PS4.

I tried that and its only sightly better and it changes his NAT type from 2 (good) to 3 (bad). I tried port forwarding to resolve the NAT issue but it didn't work. Apparently he either needs to use wifi or plug directly into a cable modem.

apparently NAT TYPE 3 on PS4 means he can't play with his friends and NAT TYPE 2 means he can. I did the port forwarding on my modem/router but I think I have to do it in the smart things also and of course I have to give him a static IP. I tried and just cant see to get that approach to work.