Jun 8, 2020
Hello Helpful People of Tom's Hardware,
I am looking at two mesh wifi systems and wanted other people's opinions about them. Google Wifi vs Linksys Velop Ac4600. I know the Google wifi is only a 3 node dual-band wireless ac system. The Google Wifi is only SU-Mimo and wave 2 ac wifi standard. The Linksys Velop Ac4600 from what i understand comes with one tri-band wireless ac node and two dual-band wireless ac nodes. The Linksys Velop Ac4600 is MU-Mimo and wave 2 ac wifi standard. Other then that i cannot tell what else is different. So does anyone have any opinions on which one is better and which one i should be leaning towards?
1 - https://store.google.com/product/google_wifi_first_gen
2 - https://www.linksys.com/us/p/P-VLP0203/

Thanks for all the help

Jun 8, 2020
Hello Helpful People of Tom's Hardware,
I am looking at two mesh wifi systems and wanted other people's opinions about them. Google Wifi vs Linksys Velop Ac4600. I know the Google wifi is only a 3 node dual-band wireless ac system. The Google Wifi is only SU-Mimo and wave 2 ac wifi standard. The Linksys Velop Ac4600 from what i understand comes with one tri-band wireless ac node and two dual-band wireless ac nodes. The Linksys Velop Ac4600 is MU-Mimo and wave 2 ac wifi standard. Other then that i cannot tell what else is different. So does anyone have any opinions on which one is better and which one i should be leaning towards?
1 - https://store.google.com/product/google_wifi_first_gen
2 - https://www.linksys.com/us/p/P-VLP0203/

Thanks for all the help

Jun 8, 2020
I have both the google wifi mesh system and linksys velop mesh system. Both bought at walmart. I am still in the return period. Right now my current setup is an apple airport time capsule 2tb 5th gen connected to my cable modem and in my living room i have the apple airport extreme 6th gen which it is wired connected to my time capsule using one moca adapter giving me a wired extend of my network. One at the moca adapter at time capsule side and one moca adapter at the extreme side. My internet from comcast is 120 download and 6 upload. The time capsule is Wave 1 802.11ac based on the IEEE 802.11ac Draft 3.0 with 3×3:3 (in each band). The extreme is Wave 1 802.11ac based on the IEEE 802.11ac Draft 3.0 with

3×3:3 (in each band). I know mu-mimo only came out in wave2 ac. So i do not have that right now.

The google wifi is dual band wave 2 ac with su-mimo AC1200 2x2 Wave 2 Wi-Fi Capable Speeds: 2.4 GHz - 300Mbps 5 GHz - 867Mbps

the linksys velop is one triband and two dual band wave 2 ac with mu-mimo Wi-Fi Technology: Tri-Band AC2200 (867 + 867 + 400 Mbps)‡ with MU-MIMO and 256 QAM Dual-Band AC1200 (867 + 300 Mbps)‡ with MU-MIMO and 256 QAM Antennas: Tri-Band: 6x internal antennas and high powered amplifiers Dual-Band: 3x internal antennas and high powered amplifiers

How important is mu-mimo vs su-mimo? Now you know why i am having a very hard time picking between the two that i bought or staying with the apple system i have now. I know Ubiquiti is very nice but very costly and i am not looking to spend Ubiquiti money right now. I right now live a condo. Hope this helps give a better picture from where i am coming from. Any help again is very appreciated.

Jun 8, 2020
I have both the google wifi mesh system and linksys velop mesh system. Both bought at walmart. I am still in the return period. Right now my current setup is an apple airport time capsule 2tb 5th gen connected to my cable modem and in my living room i have the apple airport extreme 6th gen which it is wired connected to my time capsule using one moca adapter giving me a wired extend of my network. One at the moca adapter at time capsule side and one moca adapter at the extreme side. My internet from comcast is 120 download and 6 upload. The time capsule is Wave 1 802.11ac based on the IEEE 802.11ac Draft 3.0 with 3×3:3 (in each band). The extreme is Wave 1 802.11ac based on the IEEE 802.11ac Draft 3.0 with

3×3:3 (in each band). I know mu-mimo only came out in wave2 ac. So i do not have that right now.

The google wifi is dual band wave 2 ac with su-mimo AC1200 2x2 Wave 2 Wi-Fi Capable Speeds: 2.4 GHz - 300Mbps 5 GHz - 867Mbps

the linksys velop is one triband and two dual band wave 2 ac with mu-mimo Wi-Fi Technology: Tri-Band AC2200 (867 + 867 + 400 Mbps)‡ with MU-MIMO and 256 QAM Dual-Band AC1200 (867 + 300 Mbps)‡ with MU-MIMO and 256 QAM Antennas: Tri-Band: 6x internal antennas and high powered amplifiers Dual-Band: 3x internal antennas and high powered amplifiers

How important is mu-mimo vs su-mimo? Now you know why i am having a very hard time picking between the two that i bought or staying with the apple system i have now. I know Ubiquiti is very nice but very costly and i am not looking to spend Ubiquiti money right now. I right now live a condo. Hope this helps give a better picture from where i am coming from. Any help again is very appreciated.