messages at start up

jean

hi can anyone help please?
when i did a run chk dsk every ti me i start my pc
i get a black screen asking me to select operating system
or press f 8 for troubleshooting. i dont know what to do so i just
pick windows xp .its been like this for 2 weeks now. it all began when i got a message saying i had a corrupt file.
thanks for any help

It would appear that the check disk did not complete and has a flag that makes it think it has work yet to do. When attempting to boot see if you can tap the F8 key and get into the options screen. Then you want to choose safemode with networking. Now when in here go>start\run and type in cmd and hit ok. Now type in chkdsk /r Be sure to put the space after chkdsk and before the / The r means that it will do a complete check of the disk including slack space an fix or recover any corrupt data. Once you have put the chkdsk /r then press enter on your keyboard and let it do it's thing. Follow any on screen prompts. Good luck.
--
There are three types of people in computing, those that can count and those that can't.

jean

thanks for that Unknown P. Idid what you suggested it came up volume is clean but i still have the black screen.

"The Unknown P" wrote:

> It would appear that the check disk did not complete and has a flag that makes it think it has work yet to do. When attempting to boot see if you can tap the F8 key and get into the options screen. Then you want to choose safemode with networking. Now when in here go>start\run and type in cmd and hit ok. Now type in chkdsk /r Be sure to put the space after chkdsk and before the / The r means that it will do a complete check of the disk including slack space an fix or recover any corrupt data. Once you have put the chkdsk /r then press enter on your keyboard and let it do it's thing. Follow any on screen prompts. Good luck.
> --
> There are three types of people in computing, those that can count and those that can't.

TRENDING THREADS