Messages which HALT Bootup

Newsgroups: Microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2005 9:37 PM
Subject: Messages at Bootup

In the past, I have had some troubles with both Outlook Express (6.1) and IE
(6.1). To remedy those situations, I have downloaded fixes - some in the
source as script files, some in other forms. They have always fixed the
problem I was experiencing with no other problems. Lately, when my PC (Pent
4 running WINXPII Homedition) boots up, it STOPS on two screens; if I am not
there at that particular time, the bootup process ceases and the screen just
sits there. The screens are two and are as follows:

Desktop
"IE has been removed from this computer. Do you want to clean up your
personalized settings for this program?"

after I, by hand, press NO, the next screen appears:

Desktop
Outlook Express has been removed from this computer. DO you want to
clean up your personalized settings for this program?"

and I once again, manually, press NO.

The bootup resumes and finishes no problem. This has only recently started.
Both programs (OE and IE) ARE installed on my PC and are working as they
should (as far
as I know). How can I get rid of these two screens which 'freeze' the
process of booting up? Thank you very much in advance.

J. Timothy wrote:
> [...]

How to Reinstall or Repair IE6 and OE6:
http://support.microsoft.com/?­kbid=318378

Although written for WinXP, it works for all Windows
operating systems 98 or newer.

If you are using WinXP/SP2, and it was not already on
your computer from the factory, you will have to remove
SP2 first.

How to remove SP2:
http://support.microsoft.com/d­efault.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;8753­50

--