Question Messed my pc up

Jul 9, 2020
Hi Guys! I need help with my PC. My pc won't turn on whenever my GTX 1050 ti is plugged, I don't the reason but I accidentally removed 2 things that lookes like a battery (inside the box) I am using a B350M Mortar motherboard. My thing was acting up even before I accidentaly brok that part. ( View: https://imgur.com/a/XIxorzi
The battery looks like the gold ones below the red box

USAFRet

Titan
You mean the two items circled in yellow here:
g0FwjWb.png

Those are capacitors. Since the system no longer works, they would seem to be kinda critical to its operation.

Have it fixed, or get a new motherboard.
Since it was apparently already acting up before...new motherboard time.

Jul 9, 2020
You mean the two items circled in yellow here:
g0FwjWb.png

Those are capacitors. Since the system no longer works, they would seem to be kinda critical to its operation.

Have it fixed, or get a new motherboard.
Since it was apparently already acting up before...new motherboard time.
Yes they are the ones that I accidentally broke. My pc is working right now without a Graphics Card but when I plug my graphics card the pc wont open

Jul 8, 2020
Capacitors are used to store power. Im guessing that your rig doesnt have enough power to boot? I'm not a tech guy, but that's the best I can think of.

Jul 9, 2020
Capacitors are used to store power. Im guessing that your rig doesnt have enough power to boot? I'm not a tech guy, but that's the best I can think of.
Yea someone told me that they are called capacitors. I still have them on me but idk how to put them back their metal feet are stuck on the motherboard

Hi Guys! I need help with my PC. My pc won't turn on whenever my GTX 1050 ti is plugged, I don't the reason but I accidentally removed 2 things that lookes like a battery (inside the box) I am using a B350M Mortar motherboard. My thing was acting up even before I accidentaly brok that part. ( View: https://imgur.com/a/XIxorzi
The battery looks like the gold ones below the red box
Oh my mistake, I did not see the outline of the box. Yes those are capacitors and the GPU is not dead. It is likely the motherboard not providing enough power for the 1050 anymore. I recommend you replace your motherboard instead of soldering, mounting etc. Forgive me for my mistake I thought you meant the gold-looking CMOS battery, didn't see the outline

Jul 9, 2020
Oh my mistake, I did not see the outline of the box. Yes those are capacitors and the GPU is not dead. It is likely the motherboard not providing enough power for the 1050 anymore. I recommend you replace your motherboard instead of soldering, mounting etc. Forgive me for my mistake I thought you meant the gold-looking CMOS battery, didn't see the outline
Tysm for your help time to replace then

TRENDING THREADS