Messed sceregvl.inf

Hello,

I was trying to impliment the recommend changes from MS Threats and
Countermeasure, Chapter 10, and messed up a couple of the word wraps.

Now, when I look in GPEdit, there are a number of erroneous entries
under Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security
Options.

I've tried reverting back to the original sceregvl.inf, re-registering
scecli.dll, and performing a secedit /refreshpolicy machine_policy
/enforce (after deleteing secedit.sdb), but no luck.

Any ideas how I can get those *bad* entries from my GP interface? I
know they have no affect, but will cause confusion as I create support
documentation for me helpdesk.

tx!

-jg

Jason-
Are these bad entries specific to a particular GPO or maybe the local GPO?

--
Darren Mar-Elia
MS-MVP-Windows Management

"Jason Grimme" <jasongrimme@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I was trying to impliment the recommend changes from MS Threats and
> Countermeasure, Chapter 10, and messed up a couple of the word wraps.
>
> Now, when I look in GPEdit, there are a number of erroneous entries
> under Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security
> Options.
>
> I've tried reverting back to the original sceregvl.inf, re-registering
> scecli.dll, and performing a secedit /refreshpolicy machine_policy
> /enforce (after deleteing secedit.sdb), but no luck.
>
> Any ideas how I can get those *bad* entries from my GP interface? I
> know they have no affect, but will cause confusion as I create support
> documentation for me helpdesk.
>
> tx!
>
> -jg

They show up in all the GPOs, or if I am running the "Security
Configuration Analysis" mmc snap-in, or editing Security Templates via
the MMC.