[SOLVED] Messed up DHCP IP setting, please help

Dec 26, 2021
Hi, I was trying to bridge router B to router A as an extension, but they both have DHCP 192.168.1.1 so I was trying to change one to 192.168.0.1

I went to router A's IP in chrome, changed DHCp server to 192.168.0.1, and suddenly I can't connect to internet anymore, and obviously can't access the router page with either 1.1 or 0.1. I tried to use cmd and netsh ipconfig but it didn't help. Please help

I can't post image here but if I go to wireless properties, it shows IPv4 DHCP server 192.168.0.1, while default gateway and DNS server 192.168.1.1

Solution
I would just start over that trying to fix it. Just factory reset the device you changed.

When the device have the same IP you must configure the second one with no connection to the network only connected to your computer.

To a point it is going to depend on which router you are trying to bridge. You can either bridge the router connected to the internet to make it run as a modem or your can bridge the other router and have it act as a AP.

If you are bridging as a modem generally you do not have to do anything since the option in the router will set things correctly. If you are bridging to AP mode then some routers do part of the work for you.

In any case you need to the DHCP server disabled on the bridged router. This...
I would just start over that trying to fix it. Just factory reset the device you changed.

When the device have the same IP you must configure the second one with no connection to the network only connected to your computer.

To a point it is going to depend on which router you are trying to bridge. You can either bridge the router connected to the internet to make it run as a modem or your can bridge the other router and have it act as a AP.

If you are bridging as a modem generally you do not have to do anything since the option in the router will set things correctly. If you are bridging to AP mode then some routers do part of the work for you.

In any case you need to the DHCP server disabled on the bridged router. This maybe done automatically. When you run as a AP you want to sent the IP in LAN ip in the second router to something in the same network as the first. So if your main router is 192.168.1.1 set the second router to 192.168.1.250. Technically it should be set to some address outside the dhcp scope of the first router but since routers assign IP from the bottom they tend to never get to 250

Solution