Messed up my user folders HELP!

johnvonmacz

Honorable
Apr 27, 2012
Hi, I was trying to move my user folders (Desktop, My Music, My Documents and etc.) from SSD to my secondary HDD. Now, I noticed that my Desktop and My Pictures are merged in one folder and now it's so messed up. Is there any way where I can just bring back all the user folders again to the SSD and just let it stay there? Thanks.. I'm kinda stressed right now.

Solution
This would probably solve your problem...
http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/4275-user-profiles-relocate-another-partition-disk.html
Personally I re-locate each folder manually. I create 5 'New Folders' on the target drive, navigate to each folder in turn in 'Users' (My Name). e.g. Desktop, Rt Click, 'Properties' and open 'Location' tab. Choose 'Move' and navigate to New Folder on the target drive and choose that folder. Click OK and continue until contents are moved. Repeat the process with next Folder e.g. Downloads and move to 'New Folder(1) and so on. In your case you will have to create the New Folders and then navigate to wherever you moved them originally, and re-locate them on the Target drive

USAFRet

Titan
In Explorer, those aren't 'folders' but rather shortcuts.

Open Windows Explorer
RightClick on the desired folders
For Desktop and Downloads, on the Shortcut tab, designate where you want them

For Libraries(Doc/Music/Pictures), that is is under "Set Public save location"

This would probably solve your problem...
http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/4275-user-profiles-relocate-another-partition-disk.html
Personally I re-locate each folder manually. I create 5 'New Folders' on the target drive, navigate to each folder in turn in 'Users' (My Name). e.g. Desktop, Rt Click, 'Properties' and open 'Location' tab. Choose 'Move' and navigate to New Folder on the target drive and choose that folder. Click OK and continue until contents are moved. Repeat the process with next Folder e.g. Downloads and move to 'New Folder(1) and so on. In your case you will have to create the New Folders and then navigate to wherever you moved them originally, and re-locate them on the Target drive

Solution