How do I get rid of 4.7 and keep 6.2?

Everytime I open Outlook 2003, it runs the 4.7 version of Messenger.

I want to get rid of 4.7 and keep 6.2 only.

Greetings Michael,

Actually if you completely and fully remove Windows Messenger 4.7, some features within
Windows and MSN Messenger will no longer work (like Remote Assistance, Whiteboard,
Application Sharing and others).

However, to stop this specific problem, click the Tools menu in Outlook, then choose Options,
choose the Other tab, uncheck "Enable the Person Names Smart Tag" and click OK.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Michael J. Gregg" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> How do I get rid of 4.7 and keep 6.2?
>
> Everytime I open Outlook 2003, it runs the 4.7 version of Messenger.
>
> I want to get rid of 4.7 and keep 6.2 only.

I have the same problem but use Outlook Express and this option does not
show up.

I only upgraded yesterday after I kept getting signed off by Messenger 4.7.
In the brief use I had of 6.2 it also started signing me off and then 4.7
started up again. Now only 4.7 starts.

> Greetings Michael,
>
> Actually if you completely and fully remove Windows Messenger 4.7, some
> features within Windows and MSN Messenger will no longer work (like Remote
> Assistance, Whiteboard, Application Sharing and others).
>
> However, to stop this specific problem, click the Tools menu in Outlook,
> then choose Options, choose the Other tab, uncheck "Enable the Person
> Names Smart Tag" and click OK.
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "Michael J. Gregg" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> How do I get rid of 4.7 and keep 6.2?
>>
>> Everytime I open Outlook 2003, it runs the 4.7 version of Messenger.
>>
>> I want to get rid of 4.7 and keep 6.2 only.

After looking at some other messages I get the impression the 4.7 and 6.2
are different things yet it was 4.7 told me to install 6.2.

Confused!