after installing

Win XP SP2 and Office 2003 SP1 I decided to install
Messenger 6.2, the latest version. and get the following
error:

An error occured during the installation of
assembly "Microsoft.Windows.Networking.RtcDll,type="win32",
version="5.2.2.1",publicToken="6595b64144ccf1df",processorA
rchitechture="x86". Please refer to Help and Support for
more information. HRESULT:0x80070002

Any thoughts ideas?

MIA, KR
Sean

Hello Sean,
Try to install again, downloading the installer from:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=1b5bfaee-4bfa-42bf-a42e-417d748cefa1
--
Saludos/regards desde Acapulco, Gro., MX.
Hupus [MX]

"Sean McPoland" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:360801c4a2be$0f8cfb00$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> after installing
>
> Win XP SP2 and Office 2003 SP1 I decided to install
> Messenger 6.2, the latest version. and get the following
> error:
>
> An error occured during the installation of
> assembly "Microsoft.Windows.Networking.RtcDll,type="win32",
> version="5.2.2.1",publicToken="6595b64144ccf1df",processorA
> rchitechture="x86". Please refer to Help and Support for
> more information. HRESULT:0x80070002
>
> Any thoughts ideas?
>
> MIA, KR
> Sean

Greetings Sean,

Do you happen to have the Ad-Watch feature enabled in Ad-aware? If so, disable it and try
again.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Sean McPoland" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> after installing
>
> Win XP SP2 and Office 2003 SP1 I decided to install
> Messenger 6.2, the latest version. and get the following
> error:
>
> An error occured during the installation of
> assembly "Microsoft.Windows.Networking.RtcDll,type="win32",
> version="5.2.2.1",publicToken="6595b64144ccf1df",processorA
> rchitechture="x86". Please refer to Help and Support for
> more information. HRESULT:0x80070002
>
> Any thoughts ideas?
>
> MIA, KR
> Sean

Hupus,

yes tried that before coming to the Community, will try
Jonathan Kay's solution when I get home though as I do
have ad-watch running.

well spotted Jonathan

regards
Sean

Jonathan,

many thanks, I do indeed have Ad-Watch running though why
this would stop MSN Messenger has me beat; or is this
simply a Microsoft issue with it's omnipresent software?

Will try again later and let you know, well spotted
regards
Sean

Jonathan Kay.

wrote in message
>> after installing
>>
>> Win XP SP2 and Office 2003 SP1 I decided to install
>> Messenger 6.2, the latest version. and get the following
>> error:
>>
>> An error occured during the installation of

assembly "Microsoft.Windows.Networking.RtcDll,type="win32",

version="5.2.2.1",publicToken="6595b64144ccf1df",processorA
>> rchitechture="x86". Please refer to Help and Support
for
>> more information. HRESULT:0x80070002
>>
>> Any thoughts ideas?
>>
>> MIA, KR
>> Sean
>

>.

Hi Sean,

It's an issue with how Messenger installs its components and Ad-Watch; as I'm not exactly
sure how Ad-Watch works, I really can't say who's at fault here.

> Jonathan,
>
> many thanks, I do indeed have Ad-Watch running though why
> this would stop MSN Messenger has me beat; or is this
> simply a Microsoft issue with it's omnipresent software?
>
> Will try again later and let you know, well spotted
> regards
> Sean

I deleted ad-aware files during the use of Norton AntiVirus. But how
can I enable ad-watch feature? I don't find them in "Start",
"Program"?

For reply - estinct@yahoo.com

you wrote:
Do you happen to have the Ad-Watch feature enabled in Ad-aware? If so,
disable it and try
again.

--
estinct

I forgot to mention one thing. I do not have Ad-aware program in my
computer. While running Norton AntiVirus, ad-aware files were
detected. Thus, I panic and delete.

Thanks

--
estinct

Thank you very much Jonathan.
I have been trying to install OmniPagePro 14 on my new computer. It
worked perfectly before but I couldn't get it to install. I unloaded
adwatch and "Hey Presto!" It works!

I don't know how you knew it was Ad-aware but I am sure glad you did!

All I did was a google search on HRESULT: 0x80070002 and found this
page near the top.

Kelly

--
00Kell