Blair

A friend asked me to help him get rid of the icon which is automatically
loaded when he switches on.
I looked at the list of start-ups using msconfig but couldn't recognise
messenger among them.
How do I stop messenger from loading?

Blair Malcolm

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 11:32:02 -0000, Blair wrote:

> A friend asked me to help him get rid of the icon which is automatically
> loaded when he switches on.
> I looked at the list of start-ups using msconfig but couldn't recognise
> messenger among them.
> How do I stop messenger from loading?
>
> Blair Malcolm

Open the program and use the Preference menus to disable the program from
running at startup. If Outlook Express is used, there are similar options
in that program (loads Messenger when OE is launched) that should be
disabled too.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Blair

> On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 11:32:02 -0000, Blair wrote:
>
> > A friend asked me to help him get rid of the icon which is automatically
> > loaded when he switches on.
> > I looked at the list of start-ups using msconfig but couldn't recognise
> > messenger among them.
> > How do I stop messenger from loading?
> >
> > Blair Malcolm
>
> Open the program and use the Preference menus to disable the program from
> running at startup. If Outlook Express is used, there are similar options
> in that program (loads Messenger when OE is launched) that should be
> disabled too.
>
> --
> Sharon F
> MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Thanks for your help. I have passed on the information
Regards
Blair