can anyone tell me how somebody can type a message through to me straight
after i get on the net with me not have msn or windows messenger signed in at
the time of the message bein recieved?

Jack,

I don't believe you can do this with either messengers. As far as I know,
both must have MSN Messenger or Windows Messenger open & logged on to
receive a message. One person can't send or receive a message without the
other logged in (as in e-mail messages). There may be third-party
applications that do this.

Drew

"jacktherippa" <jacktherippa@knivesRus.com> wrote in message
> can anyone tell me how somebody can type a message through to me straight
> after i get on the net with me not have msn or windows messenger signed in
> at
> the time of the message bein recieved?

You can use Windows Chat on your computer to communicate with someone on
another computer. Both computers must be connected to the same network
(for example, a local area network [LAN] or the Internet). Also, each
computer must be running a similar protocol, such as TCP/IP.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q308232

regards,
ssg MS-MVP