Metal Gear Solid Movie Announced at 25th Anniversary Party

Status
Not open for further replies.

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Oh god, please, not Uwe Boll, definitely NOT Christophe Gans, not Paul Anderson (FU*NK you, Paul! F*UNK YOU!), and not Michael Bay...
James Cameron would be fine...I guess?

SNAKES DON'T BELONG IN ALASKA.

I think it's too close to James Bond or maybe heaven forbid Austin Powers to gain any real traction. The story was good years ago, but I'm not sure how well it would resonate with todays movie going crowd, and if all they can count on in reminiscent gamers, well we all know they're the hardest fans to please. Do modern movie goers care about nuclear weapons any more? You always hear about them, but you seldom see them used, even tested.

Then again, Marvel has a good track record lately with producing watchable movies. I'd still probably wait on the BD to come out.

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
[citation][nom]jossrik[/nom]Do modern movie goers care about nuclear weapons any more?[/citation]
It's not about Nuclear Weapons, it's about SHALASHASKA, MITARU GIAH, I REMEMBER "THAT" PUNCH, WELCOME COSSACK, FOXDIE, MANO A MANO, HIDEO, SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKEEEEE, 6 BULLETS MORE THAN ENOUGH TO KILL ANYTHING THAT MOVES, WHY CAN'T I READ YOUR MIND, IT'S NOT OVER YET SNAKE, NICE ASS, WHOSE FOOTPRINTS ARE THESE, UGH MY STOMACH NOT AGAIN, MISTER PRESIDENT.

tanjo

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
That's it, Snake. Hurt me more. Make me feel alive again.

OT: Probably easier to make a CG film - has a high chance of releasing it, too.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
mgs3 has the best starting point, so i guess theyll start from there. i really hope they dont screw this one up. this is my favorite video game franchise of all time. Id very much like a MGS3 film.

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
[citation][nom]tanjo[/nom]OT: Probably easier to make a CG film - has a high chance of releasing it, too.[/citation]
Remember the Alamo...oh, wait..I meant "Remember the BioHazard Degeneration"! Now THAT was one crappy CG movie indeed...

G

I have high hopes if Marvel Studios is making it. Hopefully Joss Whedon will be making it and it will be just as loud, dumb and retarded as Avengers.

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
[citation][nom]cmcghee358[/nom]If it isn't starring David Hayter, GTFO.[/citation]
You DO know that David only starred in two movies, that being Guyver 2 and Drive (1997), in a couple of TV shows and had a brief cameo in X-Men (2000)? And he doesn't look like Snake at all.

And yeah, I didn't take in account his anime localization voice-overs, because that's not the point.
Point being is: David is an awesome voice-over actor, but he has absolutely no experience in real acting (LOL) and he doesn't look like Snake at all. Even Kurt Russell looks a lot more like the life-action Snake would've looked like, that's why Kojima used him as a prototype for the character to begin with.

The only way for David to be in that movie, is in the case if they really will make it a CGI-picture, not the live-action (That also goes for Phil La Marr, by the way).

You all know you want this to get the special touch that only Uwe Boll can deliver. And I'm hoping for Hayden Christensen (as Solid Snake) and Sarah Jessica Parker (as the love interest) to give it the AAA treatment this franchise deserves. If they can work Adam Sandler into this thing as Snakes's comedy sidekick, I'll be giddy with excitement!

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]master_chen[/nom]Oh god, please, not Uwe Boll, definitely NOT Christophe Gans, and not Michael Bay...James Cameron would be fine...I guess?SNAKES DON'T BELONG IN ALASKA.[/citation]

listen to some of the Uwe Boll interviews, i think the most recent one being episode 86 of radiodrome.
he is very competent, but just get so much crap piled on every one of his movies, much of which has to do with how they are financed.

with that said, i believe they got a good director, at least from what i read, they held off on the movie for so long because they wanted someone who could do it right.

why don't Kojima just make an 3D animated movie. He has all the resources and the team with exp to make it. The movie makers really can not live up to the gaming industry. Gaming industry is far ahead like 5yrs than Hollywood in general.

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
[citation][nom]nitrium[/nom]You all know you want this to get the special touch that only Uwe Boll can deliver.[/citation]
I actually think that Uwe is a better director than Christophe F*UNKING Gans.
Simply because Uwe makes ***, but he makes it while being absolutely 100% self-aware of himself and the horrible things he's doing. Uwe is just a one big, green, fat troll.
Christophe F*UNKING Gans isn't like that - he makes his imbecilic trash with absolute belief that he can do good movies, that he's a good director and he understands what he creates (which would be self-lying on every aspect), he makes that crap with absolutely serious face, and that is why Uwe is a better director - because Uwe makes his crap with humor and laugh, while Christophe F*UNKING Gans makes his trash with absolute belief (which is a delusional schizophrenia) that he makes a good movie, totally with a serious face.
Don't get me wrong: Uwe is a horrible director and his movies are absolute crap, but at least you know what you're going to get when you plan on watching his movies, and you even can get laugh or two off of his works, which is always a plus.
Christophe Gans's TRASH is just that. TRASH.
Not good, and not laughably bad either.
Boring.
Stupid.
Inaccurate.
Unlaughable.
Just TRASH.

s997863

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2007
why bother? the last few MG 'games' were more movies than games anyway. t'would only be fair that the upcoming 'movie' should have more interactive playtime with some kind of controller, and less cutscenes.

sonofliberty08

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
metal gear solid on ps1 is the best for the movie, i also think cg movie is better, everyone look the same as we know, and the voice too, if they going to shoot the film in real, i think only david hayter r perfect to be snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS