Metalic voice after Adobe Premiere DV -> MPEG conversion u..

peter

Hello!

I have noticed the following problem:
I have a DV project in AP 6.5 wth voice 32kHz from SONY cam. I added
some CD quality music (44kHz) to timeline. When I export the project
using MainConcept MPEG encoder (v 1.3) in DVD mode - 48kHz, jont
stereo, I got an audio part which sounds metallic comparing to
original. For first glance It seems to be normal, but you can hear
that the audio is little hissed/metalic. It does not depend on audio
bitrate I set. Important that when I export the project to normal
Microsoft AVI (32kHz), audio is the same as in AP - no metalic flavor.
Finaly I can then extract audio from this AVI and convert it to 48kHz
MPEG without this metalic surpise using other standalone application,
but it is not normal way to build DVD.

Do you have an idea what is the reason for this?

Peter

PS. All AP audio sampling settings I have set identical - 32kHz
I did not do a test what would happen if I did not add this CD 44kHz
track - if I kept only original audio from my DV camcorder.

Peter wrote:

>Hello!
>
>I have noticed the following problem:
>I have a DV project in AP 6.5 wth voice 32kHz from SONY cam. I added
>some CD quality music (44kHz) to timeline. When I export the project
>using MainConcept MPEG encoder (v 1.3) in DVD mode - 48kHz, jont
>stereo, I got an audio part which sounds metallic comparing to
>original. For first glance It seems to be normal, but you can hear
>that the audio is little hissed/metalic. It does not depend on audio
>bitrate I set. Important that when I export the project to normal
>Microsoft AVI (32kHz), audio is the same as in AP - no metalic flavor.
>Finaly I can then extract audio from this AVI and convert it to 48kHz
>MPEG without this metalic surpise using other standalone application,
>but it is not normal way to build DVD.
>

>Do you have an idea what is the reason for this?

possibly from the 32K to 48K audio conversion. Premiere has a setting
for conversion quality on the audio menu. make sure you have the
highest quality selected.