Metro 2033 for PC Supports DX 11, 3D Vision

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectroGoofy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
So how exactly does that work...? This game is compatible with Nvidia's 3D Vision technology, and is also compatible with DX11? Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that Nvidia doesn't even have a DX11 compatible card that has been released yet, and also Nvidia 3D vision only works for Nvidia cards...

jeverson

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2007
Umm... am I the only one to notice that currently you can't use 3D vision (NV) and DX11 (ATI) at the same time... without hacking... just a thought...

hardwaretechy

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
Yes you are correct, you can't use 3D Vision and DX11 at the same time, until NVidia comes out with compatible cards. And no, there is no way to "hack" DX11 to work on Nvidia.

Other than that game looks great, DX11 Tessellation is huge! thats really exciting and makes a world of difference in environment. Been following this game since its development was leaked, it has nothing in common with Hellgate, its much more like the original STALKER:SoCH which was excellent.

ElectroGoofy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
[citation][nom]smlong[/nom]So, if all I have is a DX10 ATI card in my PC, I may as well get the Xbox 360 version?[/citation]

Probably not... I'm guessing that there is an option to switch between DX10 and DX11, they are just stating that the game will have the capabilities to utilize a DX11 video card.

hopefully the PhysX implementation won't be horrible like Batman:AA with the horrible CPU PhysX on ATI cards

i would prefer to see engines using an opencl physics engine instead of the proprietary PhysX solution so even the ATI crowd can use the acceleration

jeverson

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2007
[citation][nom]hardwaretechy[/nom]Yes you are correct, you can't use 3D Vision and DX11 at the same time, until NVidia comes out with compatible cards. And no, there is no way to "hack" DX11 to work on Nvidia.Other than that game looks great, DX11 Tessellation is huge! thats really exciting and makes a world of difference in environment. Been following this game since its development was leaked, it has nothing in common with Hellgate, its much more like the original STALKER:SoCH which was excellent.[/citation]

The hack I was talking about was using ATI for DX11 and nVidia for PhysX... still no 3D vision...

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
3D vision works for most games regardless if it was designed for it or not (older games for example). Stating it works with 3D Vision is basically just saying "we optimized it further" and possibly added a few extras.

As noted in the recent article on the upcoming ATI drivers, they have their own 3D technology on the way. Hopefully that will also work regardless if the game was optimized for their implementation of 3D or not.

coldmast

Distinguished
May 8, 2007
[citation][nom]jeverson[/nom]Umm... am I the only one to notice that currently you can't use 3D vision (NV) and DX11 (ATI) at the same time... without hacking... just a thought...[/citation]
... Lucid Hydra? /sarcasm

lashton

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
I have been waiting for this for years, STALKER creators jumped ship and went to a4 games and worked on metro 2033, if you like stalker you'll love this game

steiner666

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
[citation][nom]Zirbmonkey[/nom]Is there anyone out there that actually uses a 3D setup?[/citation]

Yep, and popularity is growing pretty strong, esp since avatar.

I don't buy many games, but this dev sounds like they deserve my hard earned $ with this gem of a game, unlike those crappy cross-console/port games that are still stick in 2007.

Chris_TC

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
[citation][nom]ElectroGoofy[/nom]So how exactly does that work...? This game is compatible with Nvidia's 3D Vision technology, and is also compatible with DX11? Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that Nvidia doesn't even have a DX11 compatible card that has been released yet, and also Nvidia 3D vision only works for Nvidia cards...[/citation]
PhysX only works on Nvidia as well. And DX11 cards should come out any time now.

thegreathuntingdolphin

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
This is good news. I am assuming then nVidia will have to come out with Fermi on or before March 16th then. That or nVidia has taken up snorting crack cocaine on a daily basis...

At least this game looks like it might actually look good unlike the crappy Aliens Vs Predator "looks like 4 year old tech" game...

Neeseius

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009
so if you have an Nvidia card you can't get the dx11 but you have the physx, and the complete opposite with an ATi card. Wow developers really know how to turn off customers.

nachowarrior

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
tessellation has been around for years, but until now they ha\/n't had the power to push general graphics higher AND do tessellation, 2 tflops is a lot of floating points... roughly 2.5x the hd38xx series and 8xxx gt series cards i belie\/e. ATI has pushed a long way in a short time. And I'm glad they did... The higher pixel count and game de\/s finally realizing features they could only imagine so many years ago is exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.