[SOLVED] Metro Exodus PC Graphic Issue

mightmo

Commendable
Sep 1, 2016
Hi All,

I started playing metro exodus on launch and I'm liking it so far, but since the update unfortunately Iv'e reached some odd issues. I don't know if its bugs or my GPU.

While playing (Volga area) the screen started to get dark and like an ink drop was dropped at the right corner of the screen and it spread all over the screen.
When I press the start menu the screen isn't effected but the game is?
-Rebooted the game and it was all fine until it happened again.
-Re-installed drivers and verified the game and it happened again only once

Another issue, when I was in the bunker in the game, the bunker started to get darker than the game should allow. A very odd fog effect just took over where it was blinding. When I left the bunker there was a weather storm taking place outside (I dunno if that was linked but could be a bug)?

I monitor my temps:
CPU: i7-6700k @4.4Ghz - peaks at 72 degrees Celsius (1.225V) - Noctua cooler U12 push/pull
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 TI Gaming OC - peaks at 73 degrees Celsius (1.050V)

I've played plenty of Anthem and Apex legends before hand with no such graphical issues.

Can someone please advise?

Thanks.
2mmbq6b.jpg

Last edited:
Solution
are you wearing the mask? because this will get dirty and foggy over time. you have to wipe it by pressing G. Maybe that is the issue. Also, if you playing with Ray Tracing indoor dark areas looking much darker.

mightmo

Commendable
Sep 1, 2016
Just guessing, long shot and would suck, but is this problem showing when rendering the game at 16:9 resolutions?
The Game is rendering at Ultra wide 2k (Native resolution).
Just to note this hasn't happened again yet...happened 3 times, reloading the game fixed the issue, but wondering if it will happen again.

mightmo

Commendable
Sep 1, 2016
What PSU? Latest drivers for GPU?
I got an EVGA 850Watt Platinum rated PSU

I have no issues whatsoever on other games that I play.
Just to note this hasn't happened again yet...happened 3 times, reloading the game fixed the issue, but wondering it will happen again.

My guess its an in-game artifact issue?

TRENDING THREADS