[SOLVED] MF120 Halo Colors stuck in yellow/orange spectrum after attempt to change cannot figure out how to fix.. Picture attached

Jan 18, 2021
I wanted to change the color scheme in my tower through masterplus+ and when I went to go change my case fans and liquid cooling fans colors they all messed up and are now stuck on a yellow/orange spectrum and it looks terrible. What could have possibly caused this?? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling master plus software to no avail..

View: https://imgur.com/a/fFnfAAa
<-------- what fans look like on STATIC WHITE color setting.

UPDATE: ON BOOT FANS ARE WHITE AS THEY ARE SET IN MASTERPLUS+ BUT AS PC STARTS UP THEY GO BACK TO ORANGE / YELLOW

Last edited:
Solution
it could be the argb controller

at least all your colors are the same - link

With a third part software (JackNet RGB Sync) that reads data from the Asus AURA SDK, I was able to see the addressable leds from the MF120 HALO fan.

Then using Corsair iCUE (the JackNet software basically exists to link Asus AURA and iCue together) to set different colors, I was able to control each fan lead separately, BUT, it looks like these fans does NOT have proper 24 INDIVIDUALLY controlled LEDs.

They do have 24 LEDs, but the first 8 LEDS (located on the inner blade rotor) are TIED with another 8 leds located on the outer ring of the fans.

The result is that configuring a color to the first 8 LED's will change the inner LEDs and HALF of...

Colif

Win 11 Master
So what software did you use as one solution is to reset it or remove it since rgb is white by default

did you look to see if the software has profiles or something you may have needed to remove as its possible its still running something at startup as colors wouldn't change otherwise when windows launches

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2021
So what software did you use as one solution is to reset it or remove it since rgb is white by default

did you look to see if the software has profiles or something you may have needed to remove as its possible its still running something at startup as colors wouldn't change otherwise when windows launches

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

Thanks for the info - a clean boot did not solve the problem the fans stayed the orange / yellow color the entire time. I really have no idea what this can be? Could it be I have too many fans for the ARGB controller? I have 6 case fans and then the radiator with it's own 3 fans on the top.. I currently have all 9 fans plugged into a fan hub.. (this one specifically: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077YHLDSP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 )

Colif

Win 11 Master
it could be the argb controller

at least all your colors are the same - link

With a third part software (JackNet RGB Sync) that reads data from the Asus AURA SDK, I was able to see the addressable leds from the MF120 HALO fan.

Then using Corsair iCUE (the JackNet software basically exists to link Asus AURA and iCue together) to set different colors, I was able to control each fan lead separately, BUT, it looks like these fans does NOT have proper 24 INDIVIDUALLY controlled LEDs.

They do have 24 LEDs, but the first 8 LEDS (located on the inner blade rotor) are TIED with another 8 leds located on the outer ring of the fans.

The result is that configuring a color to the first 8 LED's will change the inner LEDs and HALF of the outer leds together and there's no way around it.

Here are screenshots/pictures showing it: View: https://imgur.com/a/YKj9Nek

I'm still not sure if this is indeed something from the fans or it's an Asus SDK issue, so I ordered the Small ARGB Controller from CM to test the fans with the controller and MasterPlus software without any interference from Aura.

link

Solution

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
You are missing something important, according to your posts. An ARGB fan is really two devices in one unit: a fan, and lights in the frame. Each device has its own separate cable to be plugged into a different source for power and control. The FAN cable is for the motor only, and that is what you have plugged into that Deepcool Hub you linked to. However, that has nothing to do with lights.

Tell us where all the LIGHTING cables from each fan are plugged in. And tell us exactly what fan maker and model number you have for the six case fans. Then tell us what AIO system you have so we can see the rad fan specs. And finally tell us the maker and exact model number of your mobo so we can see its features and limits.

By the way, you tell us you have all 9 fans' MOTOR cables connected together on one Deepcool Hub, but normally you would not connect CPU cooling fans and case fans to the same control system. That arrangement may need adjustment. But I want to be sure that you DO actually have all the motors connected to the Deepcool Hub you cite. MAYBE you meant a different Hub for ARGB lights?