Mflash not recognizing usb drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin 71

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
Hey,
I have a msi 790xt-g45 motherboard. when I try to update bios from 2.0 to 2.3 it will find the usb drive with the files on it... I tried formatting fat and fat32, but still no luck... it just says partition 0 and then I cannot find the folder or the files... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
I had a similar problem with M-Flash when first updating my BIOS a couple months ago. I've since been using THIS tool and have yet to have any issues. Just last week I used it to update my BIOS to support the new X6's.

ekoostik

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Did you unzip the download BIOS file, placing all of it's contents on the USB stick? Try placing the files in the root of the USB stick, not in a folder. Also, within BIOS make sure Legacy USB Support is set to Enabled. Your USB stick should already be plugged into your computer when you reboot to attempt the flash. If it doesn't work, try another USB slot.

obsolete99

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2010
I had a similar problem with M-Flash when first updating my BIOS a couple months ago. I've since been using THIS tool and have yet to have any issues. Just last week I used it to update my BIOS to support the new X6's.

Solution

Martin 71

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010

I tried unzipping and placing all the files there too... nothing worked... legacy support is enabled, and it just doesn't find the files on the usb... and on a couple of usb slots, the drive doesn't even work... I found one that does, but it just says either previous folder, or media files... media files just returns me to partition 0.

Martin 71

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010

Hey, that tool didn't work either... It still doesn't recognize the files...

Status
Not open for further replies.