MGI Videowave III and wrong field-order for DV

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice for MGI Videowave,
a package of which I know nothing about.

A friend has used MGI Videowave III to capture footage from a DV
Camera, edit & burn to DVD. When the DVD is played on the TV, the
field order appears to be messed up & as a result any movement is very
jerky.

Two questions:
1) I can see no options in the software to change field order. Where
should I look - in the capture section or the MPEG2-creation section?
Or is it possible that this software does not have these options, and
I have to create the DVD in another package? If I work from the
original DV AVIs, can I use a virtualdub filter to reverse the field
order?

2) Is field-order in the final MPEG2 a flag which I can modify, or is
the field order actually part of the encoding? If it is a flag, how
can I modify it (I would like to avoid re-encoding if necessary)?

Thanks,

Robmash

On 4 Apr 2004 22:58:49 -0700, robmash@mbox.com.au (Robmash) wrote:

>2) Is field-order in the final MPEG2 a flag which I can modify, or is
>the field order actually part of the encoding? If it is a flag, how
>can I modify it (I would like to avoid re-encoding if necessary)?

I know a couple of programs that allow you to change the flags, so no
need to reencode: PullDown and ReStream.